To help you understand freight process and new incoterms coming into effect from January 2011, we would like to share below graphs with you..
This Incoterm Table reflects buyer & seller responsibility for each type of shipment under the revised 11 different Incoterms governing shipment.
- Green indicates the seller has the responsibility to provide the service
- Blue indicates it is the buyer’s responsibility
Please note that for the terms FCA, it can be “at the sellers premises”, in this case, the seller only has to pay the costs until the goods have been loaded on the first means of transport at the sellers premises.
Check also our previous blog re. changes to Incoterms for 2011. For more information about shipment please also check other related blogs including
- Calculating import duty to the EU
- Calculating Container Shipping Time
- How many products fit in a container?
What has changed since Incoterms 2000?
For comparison, click on this table on the right, giving similar information for the 13 Incoterms used before 2010.
This graph also shows and responsibilities of each party.