Purchase with Purchase promotions never fails to boost sales, along with raising brand awareness and visibility. The thought of saving money to get a higher value bundle gets customers excited, and they will be willing to put in extra effort to purchase from you. In this blog, we are going to talk about the considerations when creating and executing a purchase with purchase promotion.
Purchase with Purchase Promotions (PWP Promos) are great alternatives to the more traditional Gift with Purchase (GWP). If you do not want to commit too much marketing budget but still want brand exposure, then read on. Some key points of concern for companies using this mechanism are:
- Financial – Clients are paying to purchase the additional item. In most cases, the promotion can pay for itself and the brand who offer this sells the add-on the product (thereby covering the costs of the promotion).
- Quality – given that clients are often paying an extra US$1 + for this promotional add on, the brand can really innovate and do something more high end. Take the example of this Heineken or Sasa Promotional Product Campaign. If the marketing department opted for a free gift with purchase the budget may not have stretched much further than a keyring.
- Point-Of-Sale – this type of promotion needs to be well coordinated with the retailer. Most importantly, the PWP will probably be larger than a GWP, so needs a Point of Sales Display or Stand. This can really help to strengthen overall product placement in stores.
- Risk – a word of warning… The key risk with this promotional campaign is that if the Gift with Purchase is not well-planned and executed, the brand gets stuck with expensive stocks. Careful planning is key!
- Sales – this promo can drive sales the same way as Gift with Purchase, but given the mechanism can create quite a bit more buzz and since customers are putting a little money in the promotional item can be really high end.
Check out our Purchase with Purchase promotion for Promotional Umbrellas
When we talk about retail promotions, let’s not forget Reflective Bags. Reflective bags are great at not only promoting your brand but catching the attention of others as well. Click here to learn more.
How can ODM help?
Keen in creating your very own purchase with purchase promotion? Enquire @ ODM for more ways and explanation on how you can vastly improve your business. Our product designers will be able to provide you with multiple unique and interesting ideas for you to wow your audience and increase brand recognition. The specialists here are capable of assisting you throughout every process to ensure a pleasant experience. Contact ODM now!
Check out some other great Purchase with Purchase Promotions:
7-Eleven launched another interesting marketing to take inspiration from. This time the promotion is a purchase with purchase offers branded tote bags. Check out this blog to find out why promotional tote bags as such are popular:
Another Purchase with purchase promotional idea from 7-Eleven. PWP promotions are so popular among brands because it is an easy way to market your brand and add value to your brand’s recall. Find out more:
PWP promotions not only never fails to boost sales, along with brand awareness and visibility. This Coca Cola promotional campaign caught our attention and we love it! How can this promo campaign benefit the brand? Find out more:
How can a Purchase with Purchase Promotion benefit your brand? This is a great example by Carlsberg, offering a Liverpool F.C Mug to its customers. We are confident that a PWP promotion will definitely boost your brand sales and awareness. Find out more:
What is the difference between Purchase with Purchase Promotions (PWP) vs Gift with Purchase Promotions (GWP)?
Purchase with Purchase Promotions (PWP) is a promotional tool that gives customers the opportunity to buy the promotional product. Gift with Purchase (GWP) is also a promotional tool, but offers a free promotional gift packaged in a bundle to encourage purchase of another product.
Why should my business use PWP?
Purchase with Purchase Promotions (PWP) is a good way for a brand to increase their brand exposure without having to be at the expense of distributing freebies. It is a better alternative as compared to Gifts with Purchase (GWP) when the brand is not intending to splurge on the marketing budget.
What type of promotional products should my brand offer when using Purchase with Purchase Promotions (PWP)?
Promotional products are not limited to any design or product. The ODM group can personalize various types of products for our clients. Ideally, promotional products should align with the needs of the target consumers and also be cost-effective.