With the opening of the London 2012 Olympic Games closing in, there will be plenty of promotional giveaways along the way. Powerade has decided to offer a very simple gift with purchase relating to sports and branded it with the iconic Olympic Games logo.
This drinking bottle is an excellent way to promote their own product because they can offer it filled with Powerade. That is a good promotional idea even if it is not a very original product.
Visibility during these kind of major events is a key point in the company’s promotional strategy. It may be better to propose an inexpensive product : this way it can really be given away in large quantities and reach out to a larger group of people.
What do you think of this marketing strategy?
If you want to check out other drinks promotion, have a look at these related blogs:
- Coca Cola x James Jarvis – 125th Anniversary Limited Edition Premiums
- ODM Olympic city tour – London & Rio
- Mascots for Olympics in UK unveiled.
- 2010 Summer Youth Olympics – promotions for sports events.
- Promo Ideas – Dr Pepper ‘Win Pants or Prizes’ Promotion
- Custom Drinks Packaging hits new level