Japan in was one of the rare countries in the world where it is still permitted to smoke in bars and restaurants. Therefore using lighters as a marketing and advertising tool in Japan is quite common. Contrary to the polemics a gift on purchase lighter would provoke in Europe, in Japan it shocks no one and seems perfectly normal. For example I spotted a promotion in Family Mart by which when customers bought a packet of Lark cigarettes, they received a free lighter.
Lighters, matches, and cigarettes themselves used to make popular promotional gifts. Nowadays due to legislation, they can no longer be used in most countries and when used they generally give a bad brand image. Countries where you could still consider using cigarette accessories as promotional items are China, Japan, Russia and countries in eastern Europe, SEA, Middle east and Africa.
Please check out other smoking promotional items here :
- Promotional Gift Idea – Ash Trays for visible advertising
- Promotional Toothpick box : the new matchbox of advertizing
- Skol PWP Promo -Bottle Opener and Lighter Promos
- When Toothpicks & Matchboxes Meet for Promotions
- Promotional Cigar cutters
- Promotions in China – Lighters with Bottle Openers
- Giving Gifts to Chinese people