With the Chinese New Year just around the corner, most Chinese will be rushing back to their home town. Train stations will be packed and we will send some updates over that time. A number of new high-speed trains have begun operations this year such as this one from Shanghai to Nanjing. Hopefully it will make life easier on our staff as they travel home from our Buying Office…..
This High-speed railway is so far the fastest train in China. Compared to the China Railway High-Speed (CRH), travelling time will be reduced by 80-minutes between Shanghai and Nanjing to total of only 70 minutes. More info:
- There are several options for trains travelling from Shanghai to Nanjing (Direct, four stops ride and seven stops ride etc.) Please make sure you purchase the right ticket beforehand.
- Trains depart from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station (accessible via Metro Line 2 and soon Metro Line 10.)
- Advisable to be there 30minutes before boarding time as ticket checks will stop 5 minutes before start.
Other train routes that may interest you:Hong Kong to Shanghai / Beijing Hong Kong to Dongguan / Guangzhou
What’s in Nanjing?
- Mainly an industrial city – With electronics, cars, petrochemical, iron and steel, and power as the “Five Pillar Industries”
- ODM Industrial Products does regular runs to Nanjing to source and check on industrial suppliers located there.
- Nanjing Economic and Technological Development Zone
- Travel: Qinhuai River, Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing Downtown, City Wall of Nanjing, Zifeng Tower
With this, ODM Asia wishes customers a safe and pleasant ride!