This iconic logo was designed over 40 years ago by the American commercial artist Harvey Ball for an advertising company. The character got its name “Smiley” later, in 1972, from a French newspaper “France Soir“. The Smiley logo was used by the newspaper to highlight good news to its readers in search of positive articles ! It was that year that it was first registered as a trademark and that the “Smiley Face Licensing Corporation Ltd.” was founded by Franklin Loufrani. Today all rights belong to the Smiley Company.
Please take a look at other licensed products here :
- Licensed Characters : Groovy Chick
- Licensed Products : Booto,The Rabbit with a Secret Message
- Promotional Product Idea for Vegetable Companies : The Beet Party !
- Licensed Promotional Gift ideas : Blood Type ABO
- Hello Kitty License + Snacks Promo = Okashi Land
- Promotional Garden Gnomes as a gift with purchase.
- Smurf Promos @ Hofex Trade Show.
- Animal night lamps to guide your promotions