When back in France, I couldn’t help noticing the new promotional merchandise deployed by supermarkets to attract attention to the brands they sell. For example, Leclerc had installed in its drink aisle a promotional display for wine/liquor/champagne . This POS was a great way of promoting and advertising the four different brands of wine and spirit at the same time.
Promotional merchandise is an alternative brands can use in their marketing mix a way of differentiating themselves from their competitors. Other popular marketing tools are : gifts on purchase, mascots, promotional events, packaging etc.
Check out other articles on promotional merchandise here :
- POS Merchandise – Bottle Christmas tree by Martini
- 24 Hour Fitness: Sign Up for Promotional Merchandise!
- Hong Leong Giveaways: Exclusive Hello Kitty Merchandise
- POS Displays for Promotional Products. Case study on what NOT to do…
- POP Coin Tray – Promotional Merchandise by Tic Tac
- Ben & Jerry Chunkfest 2011 featuring POS Display & Promo Products
- POS Coin Tray – Red Bull Promo Merchandising