Branding your merchandise tends to become as difficult as saving cash. You have a clear picture of how it should look. Yet, for some reason, you can’t figure out where to begin – there’s too much Choice… Talk about having a mental block! The cure for this problem is to check out new promotional ideas that may encourage your creativity to flow again. Today we’re discussing how a branded money box might work for you.
In this blog, we will try to answer all the probable questions you may have about the product. It works like an ultimate guide, though, so it won’t be as short as our previous posts. Once you’re certain that you’re in the most comfortable position, now, let’s start with:
How to make a branded money box with logo?
Since the products don’t share the same design, the process of making them varies as well. Manufacturing companies can generate hundreds of these daily, in case you want to turn it into a GWP. If the plan is to offer it to a few lucky consumers, however, you can try to DIY.
Method #1: The Treasure Chest
What To Prepare
- Metal Clasp
- Wooden Box
- Cutting Tool
- Inner Lining (Optional)
- Embellishments (Optional)
What To Do
A treasure chest is the typical design that comes to mind when speaking of valuables. Cash absolutely falls under this category, so here’s how to create your own:
- Cut a money slot atop of the box’s lid. Build it slightly off the center and approximately 3-4 inches long to make room for the metallic handle.
- On the lower half, you may adhere an inner lining of any color. This way, the coins won’t generate too much noise when you drop them inside.
- Attach the bottom and top pieces of your promotional case by fastening them on one side. It is highly advisable to obtain a box with tiny hinges so that you’ll just have to fit them altogether.
- Next, secure the metal clasp in front of your treasure chest. Ensure that they are not too far apart, so you can easily close the box.
- Apply clear varnish on the wood to shield it from the natural elements. You can decorate it at this point as well.
- For the final step, secure it with a lock.
Method #2: The Telephone Booth
What To Prepare
- Inner Lining
- Metal Accessories
What To Do
Telephone boxes are not only for the telecommunications industry. The design strongly resembles the booths in London, which the avid Harry Potter fans may still recognize. If you tweak it a little, it can become a TARDIS from Dr. Who using similar dimensions. Anyway, below are the steps to follow.
- Apply paint to each piece beforehand. You can use any pigment you like, as long as it is compatible to wood.
- Glue the sides to the base, and then top it with the roof. It can have 1 window and 3 walls. Or, simply utilize windows as walls.
- You may wrap them once the adhesive dries, but it’s advisable to attach your brand logo and name first. To add variation to this design, you can customize both in metallic form.
Method #3: The Residence
What To Prepare
- Wood Glue
- Sand Paper
- Rubber Stopper
- Cutting and Designing Tools
What To Do
It appears on the photo above that, aside from a house, making a car with money slot is possible too. The latter just requires more expertise; that’s why you may want to speak with a manufacturer beforehand. Regardless, the right technique for the former is to:
- Slice the wood to create the residence’s parts. There are no specific measurements available so that you won’t feel limited by such guidelines. What matters is that the front and back and the 2 sides mirror each other. Cut a round hole at the bottom portion too where the rubber stopper will go.
- While sanding the edges to avoid splinters, use it to curve the sharp corners a bit as well. By doing so, you decrease the chances of meeting an injury because of the box.
- You can then etch the brand name anywhere on it or hang it like a welcome sign.
What do these branded money box ideas have in common?
- Utility. Yes, the designs can entice children at home to save up their coins in a cute bank. But, no, that is not what the money box is useful for. Office and restaurant staff may find it important as well for as a storage for paper notes and tips, respectively.
- Highly Customizable. Though wood does not melt like plastic, the first-mentioned also needs no mold to produce different containers. With or without amazing carving skills, you can create many shapes that hold a connection to your goods.
- Cost-Efficiency. The products look far too elegant, yet you’ll know how economical they are after making one by yourself. A small can of paint and glue goes a long way, in fact, and the other effects are not pricey. Nevertheless, even if you recruit a manufacturer to do it for you, your campaign budget won’t be short.
All in all, forming a branded money box in any shape is not difficult – do you agree? The processes are uniquely different for each, of course. But then again, such ideas are no longer foreign to you now, seeing you have come to the blog’s conclusion.
Given these points, how would you want your branded money box to look like? Contact the ODM Group today here for additional designs. Cheers!