Riding on the Transformers craze, with the latest instalment hitting the theatres last weekend, Fortress a local electronics retailer went for the strategic promotion. Manufacturing exclusive designs of Transformers licensed merchandise, the brand released a full range of promotional products to attract new customers and movie fans.
Featured Promotional Products:
- Passport Holder
- Coin Pouch
- Pouch with Lanyard
- Water Bottle / Tumbler
- Tissue Box Sleeve
Benefits of a full scale marketing campaign revolving around Transformers:
- Shows that Fortress is the true “Electronics Giant” of Hong Kong.
- With such a wide variety of products, every demographic group is covered.
- Maximized Visibility – garners attention with variety & colour.
- Capitalize on the buzz of the film‘s opening and create impulse purchases.
- Word of Mouth Advertising.
On the other hand, licensed promotional products & GWPs can be a hit or miss. Indeed, your brand is able to appeal to many as there is already an existing popularity and fan base. But for those who are not so into Transformers they may just wish you could have a normal looking umbrella or bottle to give away rather than the kiddish looking one with a robot logo.
Suggestion: Just like investment, always keep your portfolio (in this case, portfolio of promotional products) varied instead of focusing too much on one category.
In other words, don’t put all your eggs into one basket.