Spend HK$ 100 (around US$ 14) at shops and you can can redeem a free Calligraphy message wishing you luck and prosperity for the year of the Dragon.
The cost of this promotion is relatively low since the costs for the calligraphy are just
- Time of Artist
- high end red paper
Seeing the Calligrapher writing these messages personally certainly adds a huge degree of connection with the gift – sort of like a book signing by an author.
Meeting or seeing the artist always makes the connection stronger. Seeing the background of traditional trees set up in the mall, we really do get a holiday spirit. Can almost smell the pine needles from 2 weeks ago still with Christmas and CNY so close this year !!
There are ways that ODM could add value to this promotion. Calligraphy sets can be offered to get more people interested in the art. Custom Photo Frames or protective tubes could also be offered to protect these in transit.
Our Chinese office has already shut and our staff are making their way home now. Some related articles on Chinese New Year for more understanding of this holiday.
- When are your China Factories Closing? CNY 2012
- Chinese New Year Celebrations explained
- Hong Kong, China, Singapore Public Holidays 2012
- Chopsticks as Chinese New Year Promo
- When is Chinese New Year 2012 – Year of the Dragon?
- Rabbit shaped Coasters as On-Packs
- Get your Lai See Packets ready for CNY
- Chinese New Year 2011 – Rabbit Promotions