Through effective commuter advertising, BTS, Bangkok Mass Transit System Public Company Limited was able to reach more people today. Aside from their custom outdoor displays, they are promoting their company through cool souvenir items as well.
The transport company is selling exclusive merchandise to foreign and local tourists and ordinary commuters. Some of their retail merchandise are:
- Nuduan Mascot with a removable hat
- Sky Train Purse
- Hoodie Neck Pillow
Selling these merchandise allows BTS to connect better with commuters. Here’s why:
How Custom Retail Merchandise Boost Commuter Advertising:
- Tourists want something that will make their travel memorable: The branded items will give them something to remember by when they get home. The items are especially popular to foreign tourists who love to collect items from their travels.
- Represents The Culture: The Nuduan Mascot is a character of a cheerful boy wearing a Chinese collar shirt and removable hat. It’s cute and resonates deeply with the Thai market.
- Provides Comfort to Commuters: The promotional neck pillow is a wonderful souvenir that is ideal for long travels. It helps prevent muscle strains and most of all, it is convenient to carry. When used outside of Thailand, the transport company gains greater overseas exposure.
- Practical and Well-Designed: Designed after the Sky Train, this purse further improves brand recall when used by customers every day. It comes in two different designs: plush wallet train with a cap and one with a pink ribbon.
- Use of Outdoor Displays: Items for sale are being advertised through custom outdoor displays and posters. This is a simple way to inform customers of their newest merchandise on sale, how much they cost, and where they can get it.
Designing Promotional Products for Commuter Marketing
Bangkok Mass Transit System’s marketing scheme’s success can be replicated. No matter what your niche is, we believe that the right promotional products and proper execution of your marketing plan will bear positive results in no time. If you don’t know where and how to start, our team of creatives can help you.
Our team has an extensive experience in creating plush toys and mascots. The process involves lots of revisions in design and samples before we achieve the design you like, and so we urge you to send us an inquiry about the creative process, sourcing, and manufacturing. Our Mindsparkz team will be more than happy to answer all your queries.
To give you an idea on how plush toys are manufactured in China, we pulled this blog out of our archives for you:
If you are interested with working with ODM, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Below, we rounded up some interesting blogs to fuel your next project.
Advertising and Marketing Ideas for the Transport Industry:
Power bank in the shape of train and trolley bag in the shape of a train car. Cool isn’t it?
Custom Headrest Cover as a promotional tool inside a public bus? Check out this blog:
Something to make commuters comfortable while travelling and also to gain brand exposure: