All people love chocolate. And the amount of chocolate brands is so high, that they for sure should be using some marketing tools to stand out among competitors. This craze made us choose the confectionery packaging branding as a topic for today’s blog.
Today, enlisting a great experience in all possible promo products and having studied the set of marketing solutions, we can say with confidence whether the product will be successful or not. Today we want to focus your attention on such an important moment as the product packaging. Packaging makes the first impression of a certain product. As well-known the first impression can be as positive as negative. That’s why we think that product packaging has to be the most important moment of any marketing strategy.
Creative packaging is a real art. Usually the making process involves different specialists and departments – designers, illustrators, production managers and marketers. We want to show an amazing result of this collaboration on the example of Theo & Philo gift box.
Theo & Philo is a Philippines chocolate brand which you can find only on local market still, but considering their approach to the business we are sure you will hear about this brand soon. Let’s analyze this product packaging thoroughly, because the perfection is created from small things.
Pay attention to these confectionery packaging branding details:
- The Box. What kinds of chocolate boxes we used to see on market’s shelves? Even if they are made for celebration they look similar – usually it is just flat and rectangular box, so not really big difference with ordinary packaging. In this case you can see one of those birthday-present-styled gift boxes we used to get! It looks festively but simple. This box looks like it was just packed specially for the client, very high-end!
- The Box Inside. It often happens that when we open the gift, the things are scattered in a box and look not really decent, and this can spoil the first impression of the gift. Of course it is not your fault, maybe you had to overcome a long way that’s why it looks not as fancy as in time of buying. Theo & Philo Artisan Chocolates wanted to avoid this situation, therefore the gift box is equipped with special slots inside the box. Due to this you can be sure that every chocolate bar will lie strictly one after another even if you will decide to run a marathon with this box.
- Logo printing. Logo placing is an essential part of marketing strategy. Due to right positioning your potential customer can keep it in mind and this can lead to repeat purchase. At this situation we can see their logo on the top cover of box, on the back cover and on the each of chocolate bars. There is also metallic inlay – golden printing inside the gift box. It is enough to keep a new brand logo in mind. Moreover by using the metallic and adhesive printing, the chocolate manufacturers made it look more expensive and prestigious in the eyes of the buyer.
- Colors. Theo & Philo use only gentle noble colors for their promo packaging to make it more luxury. All colors are chosen perfectly and not a one is distracting of the color scale and not evident. They also decided to use deep brown color as the main color for gift box, and this is a great idea because brown is obviously associated with chocolate. Besides, they used warm shades, this helps to arrange the buyer to the product. A great marketing play!
- Unique design for each bar of chocolate. It is worth to mention about this too. Because usually chocolate producers use the same and common design for packaging preferring just to change the colours for different flavour. This chocolatier is standing out of the crowd as has a different pattern design for different kinds of chocolate. Besides the design is in hue with the Philippine Flag’s color so makes it more ethnic. You can also see the all needed information placed on it, like properties for this exact chocolate flavor. This great packaging is made of high quality thick paper and this is really important for chocolate quality preservation.
- Double packaging for each chocolate bar. Each bar of chocolate is packaged in foil, and then in paper. Talking about chocolate we need to pack in foil in order to protect the chocolate from the moisture and dry, also it allows you to save this unique taste of chocolate. Due to this, chocolate bar has a double protection. But look at the foil closer, even such a simple thing has its own design and made in the golden color, which looks perfectly with the gift box and paper packaging. Besides the foil has the stamped sticker. Even such a small thing as foil can be used not just as a protection but as a decorative element. Therefore we can say with confidence that producer has thought carefully all the details.
- Tell a story. There is a quick story of the way this product has been made and which ingredients have been used for this chocolate on the back cover of gift box. Thus, a manufacturer lifts the veil of secrecy and becomes closer to a customer. People love stories, and they love uncovering information they may not otherwise.
What is important in time of creation of product packaging and how to make it more motivate for purchase? The main thing is to emphasize brand’s uniqueness and product quality. In this way packaging gains two functions – protection and attraction. The more effective design you have the more profit you will get.
Here at the ODM Group we have a dedicated team of designers and marketers, brainstorming together for most successful promotional ideas. If you are looking for unique design for your product or just for new promo ideas please feel free to contact us today. Due to our big sourcing, designing and manufacturing experience we can provide you with professional assistance for your next promotion.
Here you can fing more packaging ideas for your product: