Nestle rolled out this in-pack promotion in Hong Kong, offering a free Spongebob Squarepants tag and a memory card game (to be cut out from box), for purchasing its Honey Stars or Coco Crunch cereal. This joint promotion with the ever popular Spongebob Squarepants cartoon is definitely a boost to Nestle’s brand value.
Let’s look at why this is a successful promotion:
- Promotional words – “Free” and “6 to collect” are in a contrasting red.
- Customers who love SpongeBob SquarePants and are attracted to the gift premiums will buy the cereal in impulse.
- 2 gift premiums of a bob tag and a memory card game increase customer’s perceived value of the product
- Lenticular Product – Bob tag’s image changes when you look at it from a different angle. This special effect enhances product’s appeal
- There are 6 different bob tags to collect, stimulating repeat purchase
- Bob tag premium is in-pack. There is no need to modify the packaging of the product, hence saving cost.
- Bob tag can be seen through a cut in the cereal box, allowing customers to see the real gift that they are getting
- Memory card game provides an element of fun, and allows customers to interact with Nestle in a unique way, hence increasing brand retention.
ODM can assist in creating unique in / on pack promotional products. We are constantly on the lookout for new and innovative retail ideas such as the booklet label for drinks. Click here for more details on it
Games are excellent promotional ideas. We have created our very own 3-in-1 card game “Fetch” which allows user to play 3 different games using 1 pack of “Fetch” cards. ODM can arrange to manufacture this sort of card game using a wide variety of licenses or clients own images. – “Fetch” cards