We asked one of our clients to give us their impressions during a China factory visit during a buying mission recently. Read below to get an idea of how they felt during this trip. This is one of a series of blogs that we will title: Buyer Diary. Your company should have a staff member or qualified representative monitor the procurement in China to ensure quality, especially if it is your first time working with the factory.
Here ODM will explain more on the different types of Quality Control services you can consider when making procurement in China. There are 7 QC service types you need to know.
Procurement in China – Different Types of Quality Control Services
1. Production Monitoring (PM). Constant oversight on your factory with daily reports on quality and production process.
2. During Production Inspection (DPI). DPI is ideal for shipments of substantial quantities, product lines with continuous production, strict requirements for on-time shipments, and as a follow-up if poor results were found during DPI.
3. Initial Production Inspection (IPI). IPI focuses mainly on the quality of the components and materials used in the procurement process. It includes a visual check on the quality of packing materials and accessories.
4. Pre-shipment Inspection (PSI). Samples are selected at random. The inspection ensures that the production is in accordance with the specification, purchase orders.
5. Final Random Inspection (FRI). Even when you have robust quality assurance and quality improvement process in place to maintain high standards during product development and manufacture, it is still important to assess the quality and safety of your goods prior to shipment. FRI is an evaluation of key products at the end of production, when a consignment is 100% manufactured and at least 80% packed. During quality check stage, QC staff check the product final quality, quantity, packing, marking, workmanship, functionality.
6. Container Loading Supervision (CLS). It guarantees the finished and packed goods meet your specifications and are securely loaded for shipment. Loading inspectors will reach factories, warehouse, ports or loading places to check products information, quality, and package when loading, supervision the whole loading process and help manufacturer finish loading under correct and clear clauses and working process.
7. Laboratory Testing. This ensures your importing products are in conformity to international regulations.