One of the benefits of using charity merchandise is increased awareness on important issues. Promotional products for charities are designed to generate fund, educate the people, disseminate information, and reach out to those who need help. The Innocent Big Knit did just that!
Innocent, a popular brand of smoothie in the UK, has started a movement called The Big Knit and it aims to help Age UK by selling little woolly hats. These hats are made and donated by supporters. And for every bottle of smoothies sold, 25p goes to Age UK.
Age UK is a charity organization that helps older people combat loneliness by providing life-enhancing services across the UK. Through their collaboration with The Innocent Big Knit, they have amassed £2 million fund.
What makes this project so effective and powerful? Here, we share some things we learned from their marketing activity.
What we Love About The Innocent Big Knit’s Charity Merchandise
- Simple: Who would have thought that a hobby could be a brilliant way to help someone in need? Thus, the idea of knitting hats to help a charity has made a strong impact on people. It started as an idea in 2003 and has become a huge movement across the UK.
- Encourages People to Give: Young and adults can join and donate their handiwork. This encourages more people to engage in a productive hobby and at the same time help the needy. Furthermore, it teaches people that their “small” effort can have a huge impact on other people’s life. And when people see their work on display it motivates them to support the cause even more.
- Cost Effective: The idea behind the project is to move people to create a merchandise that would raise awareness about the charity while also promoting their product. Therefore, they spent zero capital producing the promotional product itself. And creating the tags with “Cool Hats, Warm Hearts” slogan may have costed them a little.
- Reusable: This type of charity merchandise is eco-friendly. It can be used as a decorative item at home or hat for kids’ little dolls.
- Conversation Starter: Behatted smoothie bottles are truly eye-catching and they can arouse curiosity among shoppers. Customers are also encouraged to take a snap of hats in store and share it on social media using the hashtag #BigKnit.
This promotional idea by Innocent is simple, yet powerful. It’s inexpensive, yet it succeeded in promoting two brands at once. Through their project, they effectively informed people how older people battle with loneliness every day.
Contact ODM to learn about how we can help you create engaging and meaningful promotional products for your business. Our product designers at Mindsparkz stay updated on the latest trends in the promotional product industry. They can help you create quality designs that suit your brand image.
This blog talks about meaningful charity merchandise BBC Children in Need used to promote their cause.
Here, you’ll find various breast cancer awareness merchandise ideas you can adopt for your next charity campaign.
These beautifully-designed collection boxes for charity drive are though-provoking and moving. Learn how effective they are in spreading awareness.