In April 2018, ODM Group had set up our latest buying office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. As such, we now have a list of both credible China and Vietnam suppliers. We will now walk you through a typical process of getting Vietnam factories samples here at ODM.
A Step-by-Step Guide To Getting Vietnam Factories Samples
1. The first step is sourcing and contacting the product brief to suitable Vietnam suppliers.
2. Next, we will have Vietnam suppliers send us images of similar stock samples.
3. Once we have checked that the sample images are matching to our product brief and target price, we will forward the information to our Sales team. This will generally take us 1 to 2 days and another 1 to 2 days to receive feedback from the Sales team.
4. After receiving the ‘OK’ feedback, we will finally proceed with asking Vietnam suppliers to send samples to our office in District 3. Delivery generally takes around 1 to 3 days depending on the location of the Vietnam factories.
Above is a sample set (of 5 pieces) for one of our clients’ backpack orders. It was delivered from our supplier in Ho Chi Minh City.
For getting samples locally in Vietnam, we use local couriers such as Grab and Vietnam Post. For instance, the above delivery was done with Grab and delivered to our doorstep. As for nearby delivery such as the above, transportation will cost around USD $1 to $3. For delivery from further regions in the North and Center of Vietnam, transportation costs can range from USD $5 to $10.
Next, we will conduct quality inspection of the samples. Subsequently, we will send the feedback of the samples to our Sales team. Once the Sales team gives the green light, we will send the samples over to our Sales team in China. For this, we use various couriers such as DHL, TNT, UPS, SF China, etc.
That’s it! The process of getting Vietnam factories samples is not very difficult. However, there are some difficulties we do face.
- Not enough product details from Client (Logo size, Target price, etc.): Takes up a lot of time to clarify and make proposals with suppliers for matching price/ style/ dimensions.
- Big Quantity & Very tight Estimated Time Departure: Very high sample cost.
- Not sure if a client would pay for sample cost if they end up not ordering from the supplier.
Nonetheless, we are constantly learning and improving on our business efficiency with each order we received. Here at ODM, we are always ready to assist you in manufacturing your own custom promo gift, marketing gifts, promotional products, packaging, and POS displays for your next business brand campaign! We also conduct factory visits from time to time to make sure that the quality of the products is consistent with the client’s requirements.
Specs Sheet- we often talk about this. But what actually is it?
How do you make a specification sheet? What are the important details that our clients and suppliers need?
So what about sending samples to China? Have a read!
Quality control inspections are highly emphasized at ODM!
Moreover, we also visit Vietnam factories to build rapport with Vietnam suppliers and understand their production capacity.
More Related Blogs:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the usual issues encountered when sourcing suppliers?
Not enough product details from Client (Logo size, Target price, etc.) When this happens, clarifying and making proposals with suppliers for matching price/ style/ dimensions usually takes a lot of time. As such, it is very important to get all the information right away before sourcing suitable suppliers. Big Quantity & Very tight Estimated Time Departure could result in Very high sample cost. Not sure if a client would pay for sample cost if they end up not ordering from the supplier.
Why is Vietnam an excellent sourcing hub for promotional products?
Vietnam offers low-cost but high-quality manufacturing and sourcing. Add to that the country's young, energetic, and highly skilled workforce. Political stability and positive trade agreements are what make them great for foreign companies, seeking to set up a business in Southeast Asia.
How Do I Get Samples From Vietnam Factories?
1. Our team will contact suitable Vietnam suppliers 2. We will then ask to send stock samples 3. Our Vietnam marketers will liaise with our sales team to check if the sample images and price match with the clients' requirements. 4. After receiving an OK, we will ask Vietnamese suppliers to send us samples to our office. 5. The samples are now ready to send to clients. For local orders, we use local courier such as Grab and Vietnam Post, while for international orders, we use any of the shipping companies such as DHL, TNT, UPS, SF China, and many more.