When ordering from China, it is important to plan ahead. This is especially true when sending products by sea freight. To make things a bit easier, we have compiled a list below. This list indicates sailing times for port to port shipping. Included are mostly major ports, such as Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Please note the port of loading that is taken as a reference here is Hong Kong, but The ODM Group also ship out of Shanghai, Ningbo, Shenzhen among other ports.
Sailing time will only vary by only 2/3 days depending on the actual port of departure in China.
- Australia, Dampier 9 days
- Australia, Sydney 15 days
- Belgium, Antwerp 30 days
- Brazil, Rio De Janeiro 31 days
- Canada, Toronto 36 days
- Chile, San Antonio 31 days
- China, Shanghai 3 days
- Colombia, Santa Marta 29 days
- Denmark, Copenhagen 31 days
- Finland, Helsinki 32 days
- France, Marseilles 24 days
- Germany, Hamburg 30 days
- Germany, Bremen/Bremerhaven 30 days
- India, Jawaharlal Nehru 12 days
- Israel, Tel-Aviv 20 days
- Italy, Palermo 23 days
- Japan, Nagoya 5 days
- Lebanon, Beirut 21 days
- Madagascar, Suarez 16 days
- Malaysa, Tanjung Pelepas 5 days
- Mexico, Veracruz 33 days
- Morocco, Casablanca 26 days
- Netherlands, Rotterdam 30 days
- Netherlands, Amsterdam 30 days
- New Zealand, Auckland 16 days
- Norway, Oslo 31 days
- Pakistan, Karachi 14 days
- Poland, Gdynia 31 days
- Portugal, Porto 27 days
- Puerto Rico, San Juan 31 days
- Russia, Magadan 9 days
- Singapore, Singapore 5 days
- South Africa, Cape Town 21 days
- Spain, Las Palmas 28 days
- Sweden, Stockholm 32 days
- Taiwan, Keelung 2 days
- Tunisia, Tunis 23 days
- Turkey, Istanbul 22 days
- Ukraine, Odessa 23 days
- United Arab Emirates, Dubai 15 days
- United Kingdom, London 29 days
- United States, Los Angeles 20 days
- United States, Long Beach 20 days
- United States, Houston 32 days
- United States, New York/New Jersey 34 days
- Uruguay, Montevideo 32 days
For other ports of discharge, not mentioned above, or for other ports of loading, please click here for a calculator. Do send us a comment and we will add your ports to this list. Note also that the Freight times do not take into account further delays which may occur such as:
- Getting products to port a few days before sailing for clearance in China. Account for 2-3 days extra
- Waiting until the next available vessel departs (there is unlikely to be a departure every day to your port of choice)
- Customs clearance in your country (count 3-5 days for safety.)
- Internal trucking in your country. (count 3-5 days for safety.)
Understanding shipping routes and distances are important in order to keep your production streamlined. Consider using an online sea freight calculator or air freight transit time calculator to really stay on top of things.
Container Shipping Time (in days) from Hong Kong to:
Keelung: 2, Shanghai: 3, Nagoya: 5, Tanjung Pelepas: 5, Singapore: 5, Dampier: 9, Magadan: 9, Jawaharlal Nehru: 12, Karachi: 14, Sydney: 15, Dubai: 15, Suarez: 16, Auckland: 16, Tel-Aviv: 20, Los Angeles: 20, Long Beach: 20, Beirut: 21, Cape Town: 21, Istanbul: 22, Palermo: 23, Tunis: 23, Odessa: 23, Marseilles: 24, Casablanca: 26, Porto: 27, Las Palmas: 28, Santa Marta: 29, London: 29, Antwerp: 30, Hamburg: 30, Bremen/Bremerhaven: 30, Rotterdam: 30, Amsterdam: 30, Rio De Janeiro:31, San Antonio: 31, Copenhagen: 31, Oslo: 31, Gdynia: 31, San Juan: 31, Helsinki: 32, Stockholm: 32, Houston: 32, Montevideo: 32, Veracruz: 33, New York/New Jersey: 34, Toronto: 36.
Container Shipping Time (in days) from Shanghai to:
Sydney: 14, Dubai: 17, Singapore: 7, Auckland: 16, Tel-Aviv: 22, Los Angeles: 18, Cape Town: 23, Istanbul: 24, Palermo: 25, Odessa: 25, Porto: 28, London: 31, Hamburg: 32, Rio De Janeiro: 33, San Antonio: 30, Oslo: 33, Montevideo: 33, Houston: 30, New York: 31, Toronto: 31, Veracruz: 30, Santa Marta: 26, Suarez: 17, Tanjung Pelepas: 6, Keelung: 2.
How can ODM help?
Feel free to contact and speak with us to get a Quotation for Shipping from China.
We are also experienced in designing and manufacturing promotional products, POS displays, and so on. Enquire @ ODM for more ways and explanation on how you can vastly improve your business. Our product designers will be able to provide you with multiple unique and interesting ideas for you to wow your audience and increase brand recognition. The specialists here are capable of assisting you throughout every process to ensure a pleasant experience. Contact ODM now!
When looking to manufacture promotional products in China, it is always good to understand the factors that will affect MOQ in China. Get the inside scoop on these factors that affect Minimum Order Quantity in China and nifty tips to negotiate for lower MOQ:
Here are 4 shipping merchandise promotional items mainly come in the form of the familiar shipping container but has unique features that are sure to capture customer’s attention. Check out these 4 great shipping container novelty merchandise promotional items:
During your China factory visit, you will definitely encounter several foreign production terms. It’s important to familiarize yourself with Production Terms to ensure that negotiations with manufacturers will go smoothly. Here are Production Terms and what they mean:
If you’re considering shipping promotional products from China, this blog will walk you through the process of putting together a promotional mail to make your shipping process a breeze. Find out more: