China’s Biggest and Busiest time of the year is fast approaching! Today marks the 2-month countdown. Chinese New Year is celebrated nationwide meaning all businesses around the country will close, including all factories. During this time all workers will travel across the country to return to their families and celebrate the new year, with all manufacturing stopped for the duration.
Every year our customers have 2 key questions about CNY:
- When and how long will factories close for?
- How will this affect me and my business?
Chinese New Year 2017: When and how long will factories close for?
There are 2 Celebrations that occur during this time, the Official Holiday and the Traditional Holiday. It is due to this that some factories will finish earlier than others and take longer holidays. Some of our suppliers take holidays for over 1 month!
- Official Celebration — 7 Days (January 27– February 2, 2017)
- Traditional Celebration — 23 days (January 19 – February 11, 2017)
The illustration above shows the factories holiday timings and it can be seen that there is no pattern to how dates are taken and length.
Chinese New Year: How will this affect me and my business?
- Longer Production and quotation timings: Production time will be delayed and quotation requests will be processed slower.
- Plan Earlier: We always suggest to order early to avoid disappointment. Placing an order early can also minimize problems that might be caused by rushed production either before or after CNY.
- Decreased Staff: Many factory workers enjoy their holidays so much that they decide not to return to work, this high turnover means that previously estimated production timings may need to be extended.
- Production Queues: The later orders are place the further back in the production queue you go. With 1 month worth of orders backed up, factories will process orders from their preferred partners first. We have a long relationship with our suppliers and have Chinese & International staff who can use leverage to jump the queue.
Chinese New Year: Year of the Rooster
This Year’s Zodiac Animal is the Rooster so be sure to Wake up Early for our Sock Promotion!
After last years successful Lucky Monkey Socks production, we are now launching our Rooster Range for 2017! Our in-house design team, Mindsparkz, came up with a fresh design in three beautiful colours (Blue/Brown/Grey).
Packaging is key, this also counts for socks. We decided to use a laminated paper card attached with a useful hanger to tag our socks. In designing the actual tag, we shortlisted our design to include:
As mentioned earlier, last year we designed socks for the Year of the Monkey. Visit the Product Designer blog by Mindsparkz to learn more about Designing Socks.
Keen on having promotional merchandise as such for your brand? Enquire @ ODM for quotations. Our product designers will be able to provide you with multiple unique and interesting ideas for you to wow your audience and increase brand recognition. The specialists here are capable of assisting you throughout every process to ensure a pleasant experience. Contact ODM now!
Ideas for Chinese New Year Marketing:
Circle K is celebrating the upcoming Tet Holidays in Vietnam by offering aboard game as a promotional gift! Rewarding your customers this holiday season will certainly make them appreciate your brand more. Why not use an in-store marketing display to enhance brand visibility too? Find out why we love this promotional campaign:
Looking for inspiration for your next promotional campaign? This is the perfect blog for you! We have shortlisted the top Chinese New Year promotional merchandise that is sure to capture the attention of your customers. Check it out:
This toy was specially developed by our in-house design team, Mindsparkz, as a unique Chinese new year gift. We wanted to celebrate the year of the Dog with a strong product that would appeal to wide audiences. Learn why this makes a great gift for your brand to incorporate!
Chinese New Year is fast approaching, so it is time for us to start considering what to use as Promotional Products for this year. Our in-house design team, Mindsparkz, has designed this beautiful gift set consisting of socks and cufflinks for this years’ Chinese New Year Promo. Check out how this promotional item can benefit your brand: