It’s the Chinese New Year season and with so many people celebrating this festive event, it opens up a fantastic opportunity to up your marketing game. In this blog, we will talk about our favorite Chinese New Year merchandise for the Year of the Dog and how long factories close for so you can plan your CNY promo this early.
Lunar New Year is celebrated nationwide and this means businesses in China will close temporarily, including factories. So, if you have orders from China factories, it pays to know when and for how long factories close for:
China has two New Year celebrations:
- Official Celebration — 9 Days ( February 15th – February 23rd, 2018)
- Traditional Celebration — 28 days (February 5th– March 5th, 2018)
As such, many factories close for a whole month with some returning to work on the 26th of February and some on the 5th of March. So, if you are planning on doing a Chinese New Year promotion next year, now is the right time to think of your Chinese New Year merchandise.
In celebration of the year of the dog, we rounded up some of our favorite promotional merchandise ideas for the New Year below:
Promotional Merchandise Ideas for the Year of the Dog:
- Festive Custom Packaging: This pug-themed custom packaging by Innisfree is a fantastic way to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Furthermore, their 1+1 promo promo makes a wonderful year-end gift to their customers.
For sure, for more Pug ideas, you should check out our super popular Lucky Pug Socks:
- Plush Toys: Large and small plush toys are are ideal as giveaways or store front decor to welcome the Year of the Dog. Stuffed toys graced Teenie Weenie’s store shelves. Cute plushies matched the shirt designs, making the whole setup look more appealing to shoppers.
Dog plushies in multiple designs and breeds are also very popular for retail at the moment in Chinese Miniso Stores
- Retail Merchandise: Starbucks is ready to welcome the New Year with dog-themed iPhone case and tumblers. Coffee and dog lovers will definitely love these useful incentives.
Or these planners with dog design, which are the perfect gifts for students and workers who can’t start the day without a cup of coffee.
- In-store Displays and installations: We spotted this display in Macau just recently. On the table are the twelve signs of the Chinese zodiac, with the dog standing in the middle. Surrounding the zodiacs are various good luck charms. The whole setup is eye-catching, and it reflects the culture and tradition of the Chinese people.
One more huge plush-looking labrador installation found in Macau, looking adorable and huggable.
If you need help creating promotional products, speak with us. Our team of product designers will work out a design suitable for your branding needs. Here, at ODM, we have extensive knowledge in designing and creating unique promotional products. We can help you from brainstorming to sourcing, actual production, and factory visits to ensure the quality of your promotional products.
More Chinese New Year Merchandise Ideas for You:
Our Chinese New Year socks for the last Year of the rooster. Vibrant socks are eye-catching.
This Pug ball launcher is a unique item for the Year of the Dog. Contact us today to know how we can help you produce unique business merchandise.
Cute pug socks to bring luck to your clients and customers!