It’s the Chinese New Year season and with so many people celebrating this festive event, it opens up a fantastic opportunity to up your marketing game. In this blog, we will talk about our favorite Chinese New Year merchandise for the Year of the Dog and how long factories close for so you can plan your CNY promo this early.
Lunar New Year is celebrated nationwide and this means businesses in China will close temporarily, including factories. So, if you have orders from China factories, it pays to know when and for how long factories close for:
China has two New Year celebrations:
- Official Celebration — 9 Days ( February 15th – February 23rd, 2018)
- Traditional Celebration — 28 days (February 5th– March 5th, 2018)
As such, many factories close for a whole month with some returning to work on the 26th of February and some on the 5th of March. So, if you are planning on doing a Chinese New Year promotion next year, now is the right time to think of your Chinese New Year merchandise.
In celebration of the Year of the Dog, we rounded up some of our favourite promotional merchandise ideas for the New Year below:
Promotional Merchandise Ideas for the Year of the Dog:
- Festive Custom Packaging: This pug-themed custom packaging by Innisfree is a fantastic way to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Furthermore, their 1+1 promo makes a wonderful year-end gift to their customers.
For sure, for more Pug ideas, you should check out our super popular Lucky Pug Socks:
- Promotional Plush Toys: Large and small plush toys are are ideal as promotional giveaway products or storefront decor to welcome the Year of the Dog. Stuffed toys graced Teenie Weenie’s store shelves. Cute plushies matched the shirt designs, making the whole setup look more appealing to shoppers.
Dog plushies in multiple designs are also very popular for retail at the moment in Chinese Miniso Stores.
- Retail Merchandise: Starbucks is ready to welcome the New Year with dog-themed iPhone cases and tumblers. Coffee and dog lovers will definitely love these useful incentives.
Or these planners with dog design, which are the perfect gifts for students and workers who can’t start the day without a cup of coffee.
- In-store Displays and installations: We spotted this display in Macau just recently. On the table are the twelve signs of the Chinese zodiac, with the dog standing in the middle. Surrounding the zodiacs are various good luck charms. The whole setup is eye-catching, and it reflects the culture and tradition of the Chinese people.
One more huge plush-looking labrador installation found in Macau, looking adorable and huggable.
If you need help creating promotional products, speak with us. Our team of product designers will work out a design suitable for your branding needs. Here at ODM, we have extensive knowledge in designing and creating unique promotional products. We can help you from brainstorming to sourcing, actual production, and factory visits to ensure the quality of your promotional products.
More Chinese New Year Merchandise Ideas for You:
Our Chinese New Year socks for the Year of the rooster. These vibrant socks are eye-catching and will definitely capture the attention of your consumers. This blog shows you the process from designing to production. Why did we opt for these custom promotional socks? Click here to find out more:
This Pug ball launcher is a unique item for the Year of the Dog. It is fun and interesting, definitely attracting consumers. This blog explains how this ball launcher works and why it makes a great promotional gift. Find out more:
Cute pug socks to bring luck to your clients and customers! Similar to the Lunar New Year Rooster socks, we have been producing these adorable and high quality apparels for a couple years, and we don’t plan to stop! This blog explains why we have chosen these designs, along with why we love these promotional socks. Check out this blog:
It is tradition for the Chinese the give each other red packets during Lunar New Year to symbolise luck and prosperity. Therefore, these promotional red packets by Coca-Cola will definitely attract customers. We can mever have enough red packets, can we? Find out why Coca-Cola’s custom money envelope is an effective marketing gift:
A little music never hurt anybody! These are fantastic custom ceramic speakers for consumers to beautify their homes. Furthermore, great music can be played to put people in the festive mood. This is the perfect promotional item and we absolutely love the intricate design on these products. Find out more: