TED is a small nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, something the Mindsparkz team really believe in. They started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: TED =Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader and their following has grown massively.
Some of the ODM team headed along to a TEDx event in Hong Kong (x – symbolises independent) recently and were very impressed by the energy of the crowd and the speakers. We highly recommend you look up your local TEDx and get involved in the ideation and brainstorming.
As a Promotional Products company we were very pleased to see customised gifts focused on promoting Sustainable Water Themes. These were given to all attendees at the event.
- Pacsafe gave away wristbands promoting their HKICC beach cleaning efforts.
- Benoy gave away some mugs with special Eco friendly water conservation message inside.
What you’ll find at every TEDx event:
The content and design of each TEDx event is unique and developed independently, but all TEDx events have several features in common.
- TED’s celebrated format: A suite of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances (live, or just TEDTalks videos from TED.com) on a wide range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration and wonder — and to provoke conversations that matter
- TEDTalks videos: A minimum of two pre-recorded talks from the acclaimed TEDTalks video series (these talks are available free on TED.com)
- Bias-free programming: Lack of any commercial, religious or political agenda