For centuries, humans have used bamboo for many applications, from a food source to a building material. Bamboo has many uses, ranging from building materials and fabrics to weapons and instruments. This is thanks to bamboo’s immense strength and durability as well as its versatility. Additionally, manufacturers around the world are beginning to implement eco-friendly materials in their manufacturing process. Therefore, it is time for you to innovate your business with bamboo-based packaging. See why this makes a great promotional product packaging!
What is Bamboo?
Bamboos are evergreen perennial flowering plants. This plant is of notable economic and cultural significance in Southeast Asia, South Asia, and East Asia, commonly being used as a food source or building materials.
What are the Benefits of Bamboo-Based Packaging?
- Strong Material: Bamboo has a higher specific compressive strength than wood, brick or concrete
- Rigid Material: Bamboo has a specific tensile that is as rigid as steel
- Thermal Resistance: Bamboo can withstand heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
How is Bamboo-Based Packaging Eco-Friendly?
Bamboo is a hardy, easy-to-grow grass that helps promote healthy soil and does not require replanting after harvesting. Bamboo packaging is biodegradable and compostable. Furthermore, it grows in many different parts of the world, allowing manufacturers to locally source bamboo for their packaging. Therefore, businesses will be able to reduce transportation and carbon footprint, making it eco-friendly. Also, it grows faster than hard wood trees, making it much more renewable and requires less land and resources to grow as compared to timber. Moreover, it is amongst the fastest growing plants as they are able to grow one inch every 40 minutes. Also, the bamboo based packaging is biodegradable and can be composted.
Why Should Your Company Use Bamboo-Based Packaging?
- Low-costs: Growing and cultivating bamboo requires less land and resources than timber. Additionally, businesses can source for bamboo around the world and they can also recycle the material. Therefore, cutting down on agriculture, production and transportation costs.
- Sustainability: As your business begins to utilize bamboo as its packaging material, they can reduce their reliance on plastics. This will help improve the overall sustainability and provide your business with an advantage over your competitors.
- Attract New Customers: As you begin to incorporate eco-friendly practices into your business operations, you will attract more environmentally conscious customers and this will help you widen your customer base.
In summary, it will be beneficial for your business to use bamboo-based packaging. As not only will it help you boost your business’s reputation as an environmentally-friendly company, but it will also ultimately help to boost sales, thereby allowing your business to grow in the long run.
Interested in Bamboo-Based Packaging? Send us an inquiry for product code 2258. Here in ODM, our team can help with sourcing and manufacture of bamboo based-packaging as well as bamboo products. Contact Us Now!
If you are interested in other eco-friendly products, check this blog!
Check out this blog if you want to learn more about Custom Packaging Materials!
A Unique Eco-Friendly Laptop Sleeve, Check it out!
A Smart and Innovative Promo Gift by Nestle!
Check out other blogs in this series #ODMEcoPackaging