Sugar cane is a very versatile plant and is used as a source of sugar and biofuel for vehicles. But also, businesses are able to prduce packaging materials from sugar cane. The material has plenty of benefits, ranging from high temperature tolerance, biodegradable and high durability. Therefore, Sugar cane is a perfect material for packaging products. Thus, to make your business more environmentally-friendly, it’s time to use Sugar Cane Packaging.
What is Sugar Cane Packaging?
The main ingredient used in the production of packaging products is actually not Sugar Cane but Bagasse. Bagasse is the dry pulpy residue left after the juices and sugars are extracted from the Sugar Cane plant and is commonly used for biofuel and is a basic ingredient used in producing Sugar Cane Packaging.
What Are the Benefits of Sugar Cane Packaging Material?
- High Tolerance to Heat: Bagasse is able to tolerate heat up to 200 Degrees Fahrenheit, making it oven-safe.
- Biodegradable: Fully degrades in soil in 180 days and composts in 45-60 days in a composting facility.
- Renewable Resource: Manufacturers produces this material from the sugar cane plant, which is a renewable resource.
How are Sugar Cane Packaging Material Eco-Friendly?
Manufacturers produces the material from the sugar cane plant, making it fully biodegradable in a matter of months, thus not contributing to pollution and waste. Also, the material is fully-recyclable, allowing companies to reuse the material multiple times.
Why Should Your Company use Sugar Cane Packaging?
- Cuts Cost: Sugar cane material is highly recyclable, allowing businesses to repurpose the material multiple times
- Sustainability: As your business begins to rely on materials made of renewable resources, this will make your business more sustainable in the long-run. Thus, giving you an advantage over your competitors
- Increases Market Share: By utilising eco-friendly products, you will attract more environmentally-conscious customers, widening your customer base. Therefore, with a bigger customer base, you will gain more market share.
In conclusion, it is beneficial for your business to use Sugar Cane Packaging because of its sustainability and flexibility as a product packaging solution. Thus, it will not only make your business green but also helps to boost profitability, which is the goal of all businesses.
Interested in Sugar Cane Packaging? Speak with The ODM Group now! We can help source and manufacture sugar cane packaging. We conduct factory visits and auditing to ensure that suppliers are reliable and are certified. Send us an inquiry and reference product code 2255 to get a quick quote for this product.
How does using sugar cane packaging save the environment?
Sugarcane reproduces in cycles of less than one year. Trees for paper production usually take 7 to 10 years to reach maturity. Hence, sugarcane packaging is very eco-friendly as replacing wold pulp with sugar cane can preserve rainforests and reduce pollution.
Can sugar cane packaging be recycled?
Yes, it can! However, it should not be contaminated with liquids or food residue.
Why should companies strive for sustainability?
It will allow your company to have an advantage over your competitors. Being sustainable will reduce the negative effects on the environment and people living in the communities. Being sustainable can also improve the company's brand image.
If you want to learn more about corn-starch packaging, check out this blog!
Nestle Wows Customers with an Eco-Friendly Gift with Purchase
Paymaya provides customers with Eco-Friendly Notebook Set
Check out this blog if you show interests in Custom Packaging Materials