The recent coronavirus outbreak has created a tremendous demand for healthcare products such as masks, hand sanitizer gel, etc. As a result, you may probably have tons of questions regarding the export of those materials. In this article, we will enlighten you with 10 pitfalls around the shipping healthcare products from China.
10 pitfalls of shipping healthcare products from China
1. In general, health products such as face masks can be exported without any issues from China if there are no regulatory conditions. However, it’s a bit more complicated with certificate-related masks because it requires 3 different certificates: the first one is the scope of the business, second is the registration certificate, and finally the manufacturer test report. Moreover, the elementary condition is that the company does have the right to import/export products.
2. Regarding, for example, the certificate-related masks, companies must have qualifications to export it. Qualifications requirements are mandatory for shipping from China to any country. However, masks that are not subject to regulations can be easily exported without certifications.
3. All countries have a standard in terms of shipping. As a result, the export company has to obtain the necessary certifications to deliver in the country. Take the example of Europe, when you want to deliver a product to this region, you must have a CE certification, a certification mark that shows your company conforms with health, safety, and environmental protection standards within the European Economic Area. For the USA, you must have an FDA certification, and for Korea, you need a KF certification.
4. It can be more difficult to export to some countries such as Iran. When you want to ship masks from China to Iran, you need to apply for a COI certification.
5. In case your company has the three certificates (as mentioned above) and can provide it to border inspection, you can export licensed-related masks without export qualification itself. But those 3 certificates are mandatory.
6. The qualification required to export ordinary as well as medical masks is based on product quality and standards. But there is a mask classification. Masks of Class II and Class III requires a registration certification for exportation.
7. Trading companies can export masks because manufacturers can provide the 3 different certificates. Moreover, as the scope of trade companies includes the labor protection supplies, the tax refund would be possible in this case.
8. You are not allowed to export personal mails. Diverse companies can be used to send goods to the USA for example, such as FEXED, UPS, DHL, EMS, and SF. However, some companies ask to provide the FDA certification, whereas some other companies simply refuse. Overall, if you do not have the US FDA certification, US customs will refuse entry.
9. You don’t need medical certification to export meltdown clothes. To check whether your product is a medical device or not, you can go to the website of State Food and Drug Administration.
10. Customs have any supervision condition of the export of healthcare products.
We hope that this blog helps you to understand the ins and outs of shipping healthcare products from China during this tough period of coronavirus outbreak. If you have any other questions regarding this subject, don’t hesitate to contact us!
ODM is committed to working with partners as a Transparent Buying Office. We work open book with clients, factories and suppliers. It is critical to get supplies moving fast and to have fair market pricing during the current Pandemic. Check out other #Covid19 related posts
More Interesting Blogs for You
Buy a smoothie, get one hand sanitizer for free, this is a smart gift with purchase campaign in Ho Chi Minh. You probably know that the world is facing a serious health crisis due to COVID-19. Actually, businesses can adjust promotions according to current conditions and can develop useful gifts such as this custom hand sanitizer.
Are you wondering how the coronavirus outbreak will affect the promotional product industry? This blog will explain how the recent outbreak affects China suppliers and goods importers.
Always use a face mask and wipes whenever you travel. If you do not have hand sanitizers or water source to wash your hands, use wet wipes to keep your hands clean. Companies should be offering these to staff and customers now.
Here, we have branding applied to another standard must-have healthcare item: tissue wipes. Find out why this serves as an effective promotional gift.
“Buy a membership card in Starbucks and get a pouch card holder”, excellent customer loyalty program idea to reward customers. This product also doubles as a branded mask bag, which is very timely for the current coronavirus situation.