Packaging contributes significantly to the perceived value of a product. Blister packaging development can really add value to your promotional products campaigns as it is widely used for consumer goods to guarantee a neat display. This plastic packaging design is made from sealing the product between two plastic materials or in between cardboard and plastic. Products which use blister packaging include cosmetics, electronics, games, food and many more.
Here Are Some Advantages Of Blister Packing:
- Prevents small items, such as electronic products, from being opened and tampered with.
- Provides barrier protection for shelf life requirements.
- Allow a product to be highly visible which leads to more point of sales impulse purchasing.
- Low packaging cost compared to other retail solutions.
- Custom cardboard packaging to contain instructions and graphics.
Types Of Blister Packaging Development:
1. Carded Packaging– Goods such as toys, hardware, batteries, and electrical items are secured between cardboard and a clear plastic. Application of heat and pressure is applied to activate an adhesive on the blister card.
With a see-through packing, not only can the consumer easily examine the product, the adhesive on the blister card is strong enough to hang the product on a peg for display on shelves or clip strips. However, this kind of packaging can be easily opened.
2. Clamshell Packaging– Consisting of either two pre-formed plastic sheets or one sheet folded over onto itself and fused at the edges. As compared to carded packaging, clamshell packaging can not be easily opened.
The process of making blister packaging is called Thermoform or also known as “Blister/Suction mold“. Thermoforming is a manufacturing process in which a long sheet of plastic is heated to a certain temperature to form specific shapes in the mold. The product is trimmed after to ensure clear edges and usability. Here is a short clip of the heating process.
In this picture, the plastic has been shaped to create three compartments specifically for food products. Molds need to be created for the desired shape wanted by companies, especially if there are any added designs such as a logo or written signs. These vary in prices depending on the type of shape required.
ODM can develop other forms of packaging in plastics such as a PVC box, window box, poly bag and many more. Depending on the product and the target audience, great care needs to be taken in choosing solutions to present and protect the product well. Our team of designers at Mindsparkz can work with you on blister packaging development, ensuring that you have a strong visual to accompany your gift and outsell competitors. If you are interested in creating some form of packaging, please contact us today to guarantee a factory fit for your brand at the right price!
Check Out These Blogs:
Here are some details to pay extra attention to when picking product packaging, especially for confectionery.
For other types of packaging, follow the eco-friendly trend and choose sustainable materials such as compostable paper packaging over plastic to appeal to your target audience!
Read these reasons why custom branded packaging will help contribute to the success of your brand.
Another efficient material which can be used for packaging is cardboard.