There are more Anti-Plastic Campaigns than ever to encourage the use of Eco-Friendly Packaging. We all know that plastic is bad for our environment because it causes heavy pollution to our land, air and water. About 8 million tonnes of plastics are being dumped in the Ocean yearly. These endanger many wild species today. Therefore, it is crucial for us to reduce plastic usage as soon as possible.
We have blogged on many eco-friendly packaging and designs before, but here are some highlights:
How do we reduce plastic wastage and increase the use of Eco-Friendly Packaging?
- Stop the usage of plastic straws and use paper straws / metal straws instead.
- Companies should avoid giving out plastic bags to consumers and offer promotional reusable bags as a purchase with purchase item or as a freebie instead. This gives consumers incentives when they purchase your products.
- Instead of using plastic, switch to eco-friendly materials, such as compostable paper, bamboo packaging, and recycled paper.
- Offer incentives to consumers when they reduce, reuse, recycle. For example, shops can give consumers a discount after they have recycled a plastic item into their recycling bin.
Brands such as IKEA, as well as Whole Foods Market, have already banned the usage of plastic bags for years. Consumers will not receive free plastic bags when they purchase items. If a bag is needed, they will be required to purchase a reusable bag. This encourages them to come to their shop again with their custom eco-friendly bag that they bought.
Many leading corporations are also now attempting to increase the use of Eco-Friendly Packaging while influencing their consumers to do so as well.
- McDonald’s has decided to ensure that by 2025, all their packaging will be made from renewable and recycled materials. They will also be changing their plastic straws to paper straws.
- Evian has decided to only produce bottles that are 100% recycled by the year 2025 – going carbon-neutral and plastic-free.
- Starbucks will remove its single-use straws by 2020 in every outlet.
What is Eco-Friendly Packaging?
Biodegradable and recycled materials are used to produce Eco-Friendly Packaging. Companies use Eco-Friendly Packaging because they are trying to go plastic-free and minimise the negative effect on the environment.
Here is why you should opt for Eco-Friendly Packaging:
- Improve brand image and reputation – Consumers have a good impression of your brand because you care about the environment.
- Help corporations reduce their carbon footprint- Corporations can contribute to saving the environment!
- Highly flexible – easily reusable in most industries that involves packaging.
- Saving money – largely reduce discarding costs of large quantities of Eco-Friendly packages.
- Easier disposable process – Save money on disposing costs.
- Biodegradable – Less rubbish in landfills.
- Eco-Friendly materials are healthier for manufacturers and consumers – lesser chemicals.
Here are some Eco-Friendly Packaging ideas:
Paper Pulp Packaging is a great alternative and is perfect for drinks, food and cosmetics. Johnnie Walker sure has done it well. Also, find out how this packaging is processed to make them perfect for storing liquor!
Eco-Friendly Products and Packaging do not have to be boring and plain. Brands can easily spice things up and captivate their audience. Cork is an amazing Eco-Friendly material for companies to use, along with the fact that it is the perfect material for the wine industry! In the blog post below, you are also able to find out more products that you can make with cork.
Sanitary Care Products Asia (SCPA), produces sanitary products such as tissues, baby wipes and paper towels. They have expanded into Eco-Friendly Packaging and the benefits are endless! In the blog below, you are able to find out more about the pros of this packaging, as well as how SCPA can improve further!
How Can ODM Help You?
Keen on making your very own products using Eco-Friendly Materials and Packaging? Contact ODM today to learn about the multiple ways Eco-Friendly Packaging can benefit you. You can also find out how you can vastly increase brand awareness. Our experienced product designers will provide you with fun and interesting designs making use of eco-friendly materials. The specialists here will also ensure you a simple process and pleasant experience.
Interested in more Eco-Friendly Product Ideas? Find out more here!
Eco-friendly promotional products are increasingly popular. Not only capitalising on this trend can help your company grow in many ways, but you can also help save the planet. Check out the blog below to find out why we love these bamboo cups and its advantages. Click on the blog below to find out more:
Many customers prefer using eco-friendly products today. Why do we like this Stationary Eco-Friendly Promotion? The blog below will explain why we find this stationary set interesting and unique, while successfully catching the audience’s attention! Find out more in the blog below!
These custom eco-friendly bags caught our attention for all the right reasons. These bags are made from recycled paper and bamboo. They make great alternatives to expensive canvas and leather bags. Click below to find out more about why we love these custom eco-friendly bags! Find out more below:
There are a lot of brands that are removing plastic straws from their businesses. With this movement, consumers have to find alternatives. Here are foldable silicon straws and why we love them as eco-friendly corporate gifts. Click below to find out more!