Being the world’s most populous country has its own benefit. China is home to one of the most skilled and intellectual populations in the world. With over 1.4 billion residents, you’ll surely find a good manufacturer for your promotional item. And most of the time, a promotional gift from China is cheaper when compared to other manufacturers outside of China.
Manufacturing in China
Sourcing suppliers in China is relatively more affordable than procuring products locally. Why? China is the biggest manufacturing hub in the world. But one good thing about manufacturing in China is the surplus of factory workers available and the low cost of production. The inexpensive cost of labour is counterbalanced by the country’s low cost of living.
Furthermore, sourcing in China means there’s no need to train new workers or procure new pieces of machinery to work on a certain product. This attracts new investments/jobs to the country. Therefore, overseas companies consider expanding their operations to China because they’ll save a lot while boosting their production. With state-of-the-art technology and machinery, China factories can mass-produce a wide range of products in less time. To give you an idea, below are 4 industrial advantages of China:
- Has an abundant supply of resources
- Affordable Energy
- Efficient Transportation and Infrastructure
- Well-trained industrial workers
And since not all companies can afford to expand their operation overseas, a growing number of independent manufacturers emerged amidst the country’s tiger economy.
Why Should Your Brand Get Promotional Items From China?
- Affordability – With all the reasons above, most manufacturers in China offer a cheaper rate especially if you meet the MOQ from the supplier. Prices could be around 20% to 50% cheaper depending on the supplier. This could mean great savings for your brand. With this, you could allocate your marketing budget to other important business needs.
- Trendy Items – China manufactures quirky yet interesting items. From selfie sticks to custom waterproof bags, they have it all. They also produce high-quality and efficient electronic items such as custom bluetooth speakers, customizable power bank, and more. So, if you want people to talk about your company, contact our Mindsparkz team so we can assist you in creating these awesome promotional products.
- Quick Turnaround Time – Having a pool of talented skilled workers and advanced machinery, you’ll never have to wait months for your simple orders. Most manufacturers handle bulk orders so you know that you’ll get your promotional gift on time. However, most factories shut down during national holidays and observance days as workers go home to celebrate with their family. As such, it is important to know what these important holidays are. Some products take more time to produce, knowing when these major Chinese holidays are celebrated and ordering ahead of time will give a lot of time to plan and get samples. It would also be helpful to learn about calculating container shipping time to avoid delays.
- Flexibility and Availability Of Promotional Product – This is probably the most important aspect of getting promotional items from China. Some manufacturers in other countries have limited raw materials, therefore, some items may not be readily available. Whilst in China, manufacturers have an abundant supply of different types of raw materials as the country is home to factories that produce silicone, electronic parts, wood, bamboo, textile, and metal. Moreover, their factories keep up to date with the latest product development and design trends. Overall, China has the necessary resources and talent to create a wonderful promotional product.
How Can You Contact A Manufacturing Firm In China?
Unless you are well-versed in mandarin and know a lot of suppliers, then you’ll have no problems. But if you’re part of the majority that is not familiar with the China market, then, by all means, get the services of a buying agent.
What Is A Buying Agent?
Buying agents, also known as purchasing agents are companies that outsource suppliers at best terms and prices. Most of the time, these buying agents have warehouses or headquarters in a particular area to help ensure a smoother transaction between the customer (brand) and the manufacturing houses. Luckily, ODM is here to help you out. And if you’d like to know more about why you should get ODM as your buying agent in China, please check out the blog below:
There are many pros and cons to sourcing suppliers in China as compared to buying products locally. A common enquiry from customers is “how long will the product turnaround time be?” and this is completely understandable. Organisations follow strict schedules and deadlines to operate projects around the clock. In the blog below, you’ll know more details about sourcing in China vs local procurement.
As part of the mega-development of China’s manufacturing industry, they have opened a bridge that connects Hong Kong to Zhuhai and Macau. This infrastructure would greatly help the transport of goods from the mainland to Hong Kong and to all parts of the world.
MOQ in China is sometimes ridiculously high. So, If you are looking to manufacture promotional products in China, then it’s important to familiarize yourself with MOQ or Minimum Order Quantity and how it works. So, you might be thinking if there’s a way to get a lower MOQ at reasonable prices? Yes – to some extent. Below we’ll give you 8 of our key tips to make it happen.