Customers will get a free dim sum spoon for every purchase of Kewpie distilled vinegar. The promotional kitchen utensil complements the product well which is why it is a fantastic on-pack offer. We spotted this campaign in a supermarket in Thailand.
Shoppers will be delighted to get a free dim sum spoon as gift with purchase because of its practical value and marketing benefits:
- People will likely to use them every day– this is a great opportunity to expose their customers to their brand. With daily use, customers become accustomed to their brand. So when they go shopping, customers might prioritize them brand over others.
- Related to the product being sold – The free dim sum spoon can be used to scoop dim sum from the hot bamboo steamer or to scoop vinegar and sauces.
- Drives Sales: Getting a freebie item makes customers feel they are getting a reward for their loyalty. And when they feel appreciated, they will feel satisfied and will continue to buy from them.
However, there are some areas Kewpie could have improved, such as the design and presentation of their promotional kitchen utensil. Looking at the display, we can say that the presentation is a bit plain and boring. So, if you are looking to adopt this strategy, here are some useful tips:
How to Effcetively Promote Brand with Promotional Kitchen Utensil
- Branding: As you can see, the dim sum spoon has a lot of space for branding. Explore the best printing methods for your product. For example, since Kewpie’s spoon is made from metal, the logo or brand name can be laser-engraved. Embossing vs. debossing logos? Whatever technique you choose, make sure that your brand visuals are clear and well designed.
To learn more about debossing and embossing technique, check this blog out:
- Packaging: Taping the dim sum spoon onto the bottle may be cost-effective and ideal for short promo runs, but it is certainly not appealing. We suggest using a separate packaging before taping it for hygiene reasons and for a more presentable look.
- Customize: Customizing the design and color can help make your products stand out on the shelf. The designs and colors can help make your product more appealing, which could help in driving impulse purchase.
- Use Related Items: Aside from dim sum spoon, you may want to use promotional sauce bowl as alternative. Offering different bottle neck gifts could boost your sales as people might want or need a different item. The key is to use related items. The blog below shows how it is done:
Simple and straightforward, Kewpie’s promotional kitchen utensil was a good promotional idea. However, if you truly want to stand out using this concept, you have to really think about the design and presentation. A custom POS display can also help improve your in-store visibility and sales.
Should you need help with designing your own custom promotional giveaways for business, feel free to contact our team. Do you have design ideas and retail display ideas on mind? Our Mindsparkz team is here to help you out!
For more marketing inspirations, click through the blogs below:
More Blogs for You:
Simple yet remarkable bottlenecker idea from Delheim:
Unique bottlenecker packaging for canned drinks. See how it helped Yebisu stand out on the shelf:
Check out this blog for bottleneck design ideas:
This bottlenecker idea is one of the best we have featured here because of its cultural appeal