What makes a good shelf banner design? Shelf banners are one of the most widely used in-store displays because of their flexibility in terms of design and functionality. But, how can one outperform competition with these custom POP displays?
To answer these questions, we will show you a few excellent examples. These shelf banners are from Purefoods. What captivated us is the unique designs. Here’s why:
Why We Love Purefoods’ Shelf Banner Design
- Texture: We love how the images created an interesting texture. Unlike other 2D banners and shelf talkers, the graphics protrude a bit, making 3D-like images. This makes the whole display more interesting and attention-grabbing.
Here’s a side profile of one of the banners. You can see that the image of the can is slightly embossed, spotlighting the product.
2. Engaging: “Ready to Eat,” “Slow Cooked,” and “Made with Magnolia” give customers a bit of information about the products being sold. “Ready to Eat” appeals to customers who are always busy to cook. Employees who barely have time to cook may also find this product a perfect alternative to home-cooked meals. “Slow Cooked” and “Made with Magnolia” establish trust as it shows transparency.
3. Great Visual Impact: The custom shelf talkers are very remarkable. Even from afar, I can tell that the shelf talkers are promoting corned beef. Moreover, the can reflects light nicely so that you can see the convex part of the display.
4. Social Media: Not only did these promotional shelf talkers showcased their line of product variants, but they also aimed to increase their online presence by adding their official hashtag and Facebook page on one of the displays. The below picture shows Star chunky Cheese Corned Beef ad customers can log onto https://www.facebook.com/STARNutriMeats to see what people are talking about.
5. Easy to Set Up: What we love about this POS display is that it is easy to set up. Attaching the banners on the shelf does not take much time so merchandisers can save more time and focus on other merchandising tasks at hand.
Ways to Improve Your Branded Pop Display
If you like the above examples, consider adding other elements that could differentiate your brand from the rest. Here are some ways to further improve your shelf banner design:
- LED Lighting: The addition of LED lighting can draw the attention of your target customers to your brand name, logo, and other important imageries you wish to highlight. Take for example, Close-Up’s LED POP signage. It is made out of acrylic and features the new coconut-flavored toothpaste. This perfectly highlights the most important information about their newest product, something that shoppers cannot be clearly seen from the packaging.
2. Create a Cohesive Design: Using a color palette that describes your brand and products best will create a cohesive design that’s pleasing to the eyes. Below is an excellent example of shelf banners with neat designs and enticing colors. The warm colors are a great choice as they can stimulate hunger.
It is vital to pay close attention to your shelf banner design as this could make or break your in-store marketing. Aside from providing important information about your products, the design should also be captivating, entertaining, and affective in order to move customers to buy from your brand.
If you need help with shelf banner design and manufacture, don;t hesitate to contact The ODM Group today. Mindsparkz, our sister company that specilaizes in design will help you come up with meaningful and effective designs for your signages, marketing gifts, and custom promotional merchandise. Our merchandisers will also assist you with sourcing and manufacturing, so get in touch with us.
If you need more POP/POS display and signage ideas, do check out some related blogs below:
Design Blogs to Inspire Your Next Project:
We love this shelf marketing idea by Ariel because it is informative and is well-designed: lower price but same stain-removal power.
this is one of the best shelf talkers we’ve seen thus far. The LED lights in some parts add depth and appeal to the whole display.
Here are some ideas to improve your shelf advertising campaign. We share some doable tips to help your brand stand out in retail stores with shelf talkers.