We have all heard about gift with purchases. But why not blow the competition away with a promotional gift set with purchase? That’s just what Co-Op Finest did! Alongside the house brand’s Mocha Coffee Mix, Co-Op Finest included extensive on-pack gift sets to complement the coffee. Here’s the breakdown.
Contents of Gift Set
- 1 Porcelain Coffee Jug
- 2 Porcelain Saucers
- 2 Porcelain Cups
- 1 Porcelain Stirrer
What We Like About this Promotion
- Design: Personally, we love the designs of these products. The use of white and gold not only creates a simple look, but also makes it look premium.
- Packaging: Compared to the other products on the shelf, the promotional gift set’s plastic wrapping sets it apart from the other custom cardboard packaging. Because the plastic cover helps customers see the products on offer, it drives them to make a purchase right away. However, the only problem is that it is not sturdy enough to protect the porcelain products.
- Materials: The use of porcelain instead of glass and plastic also sets it apart from other brands’ gift with purchase.
Here is a similar promotional stint by Nescafe. The brand used gold foil printing technique to create shiny logos and designs on their ceramic mugs. They also used a hamper packaging with plastic cover.
Why Gift Set with Purchase?
Everyone loves free stuff. Gift with purchase provides customers with an incentive to buy as customers feel they are getting something in return on top of the product/service they are buying. This in turns increases the perceived value of the product/service, thus customers would pay more for the same product. Marketing Gift Sets not only exaggerate the effect given with gifts with purchase but also further increases brand exposure due to multiple items holding your branding.
Some products also require a level of “setting up cost”. For example, if the free gift is a plate, customers would still require utensils before they can start eating. With promotional gift sets, companies can provide customers with complementary products, thus helping customers cover this “setting up cost”. By setting up everything for the customer, customers will be more inclined to return, as the perceived “setting up cost” has already been covered.
Co-Op’s gift set contains a slew of products, giving customers everything needed to drink coffee long term. As customers would only need to purchase the coffee powder to continue drinking coffee, this increases the chance of returning customers.
Porcelain – Pros and Cons
- Durability – Made using a more refined clay mixture and fired at an even higher temperature, Porcelain is more durable than other ceramics. Not only is it resistant to chips, but can also withstand high temperatures. Although Porcelain is microwave friendly, sudden drastic changes in temperature can cause it to crack immediately.
- Hygiene – Porcelain is non-porous. Thus chemicals would not be able to sink into the surface to stain it. Porcelain is also unable to absorb moisture due to its high density. This allows it to maintain its shape even in freezing temperatures.
- Appearance – Porcelain has a polished and clean look, thus allowing it to be useful in formal occasions. Porcelain is also durable enough for day to day use and would make any meal more refined.
- Weight – Weighing at 15lbs per sq foot, Porcelain can be considered a heavy dinnerware. Porcelain dinnerware is generally heavier than glass or plastic wares.
- Pricey – Although Porcelain is cheaper than Bone China, Porcelain is still more expensive than other materials such as stoneware and earthenware.
It is important that Porcelain Products are kept at the highest quality possible! ODM provides quality control services, here’s how we maintain quality control for Porcelain Products.
Interested in porcelain promotional products? Here’s how M&M made a porcelain mug as a promotional product and how they fared!
Gift sets with purchase not only increase the odds of a returning customer but also boost brand awareness! However, the frequency by which gift sets with purchase promotions are done should be controlled to prevent devaluing the brand.
How Can ODM Help Your Brand?
Looking for On-Pack Marketing or Custom Retail Packaging for your products to boost sales? Fortunately, the ODM team can help you come up with inventive and unique brand packaging design. We have product designers who have vast experience in designing promotional merchandise and packaging for your business. Contact our team today to learn more about how we can help you grow your business through the use of effective promotional products!
Need Ideas for Your Next Gift Set with Purchase?
Co-op is not alone with promotional gift sets, watch how other brands are doing it too!
Planning your next Gift with Purchase Promotion? Why not leverage on festivals?
Interested in how Gift with Purchases help you outperform competitors? We love how Kellogg’s capitalized on cute yet practical products to stimulate sales.
Interested in promoting cookware sets? Here’s is how Le Creuset did it!