Trading cards are more than just a toy. With your brand as the main design, you can promote your company to a wide range of customers. One good example is Ovaltine’s on-pack custom trading card. The brand has teamed up with Pokemon to promote their drinks with collectible cards. Customers will get a Pokemon card for every purchase of four Ovaltine drinks.
The trading card is found inside the plastic packaging so that customers can see the Pokemon character they are going to get. As Pokemon is popular among the younger generation and collectors alike, this promotional strategy will definitely attract their target market.
Ovaltine’s custom trading cards are great collectible items as the designs are not offered by other brands. What we really like about incorporating collectible cards is that they help encourage kids to choose healthy snacks over junk foods. Incentivizing kids with something that they can collect and play with will make drinking their drinks more fun.
Simple yet effective, there are many ways to use custom trading cards within a promotion. Here’s how:
5 Inventive Ways to Promote Your Brand with Custom Trading Cards
- As On Pack Gift: As exemplified by Ovaltine, trading cards are effective on pack offer along with drinks, cereals, breakfast items, and supplements. They can either put them inside the packaging boxes or tape them on the packaging.
- As Collectible Promo Gift: This will help increase sales because shoppers receive incentives every time they make a purchase. And when you offer them different cards for a limited time only, customers will feel the need to buy your products to collect all of the designs on offer. Here’s a good example:
3. As a Promotional Gift with Educational Materials: Aside from brand licensing, you can use trading cards to aid learning. For instance, using the cards as visual aids for reading and writing. You can print letters, numbers, and words to make them suitable for school kids. Not only were you able to promote your brand, but you’ve also helped young ones to learn how to read and write.
4. As a Sports Promotional Item: Take advantage of your customers’ love for sports. Print famous players to promote basketball, baseball, polo, and Olympics celebrities to get customers interested in you brand. They make great collectible gift with purchase items. This helps stimulate sales as customers will be compelled to buy more to complete their collection. Here’s an example;
5. As Customer Giveaways: As custom trading cards are fairly inexpensive, they make for great customer giveaways for trade show marketing, commuter advertising, and movie marketing. Kids can take them home and play with them, thereby making a solid top of mind remembrance.
What We Learned from This Promotion
Adding custom trading cards in your on-pack promotion can be a fun way to stimulate sales whilst encouraging kids to choose healthy snacks. They are inexpensive to produce and flexible in terms of branding opportunities.
Aside from trading cards, you can also gift your loyal customers with collectible playing cards, which they can use for parties and games with friends. Make sure to use appealing designs to make your customers interested in what you are offering.
Keen to promote your brand using custom trading cards? The ODM Group is here to help you out. We specialize in creating high quality custom promotional merchandise for business. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you grow your business.
We certainly love this custom playing cards by app Annie. It was designed to look like a smartphone’s lock screen. The design represents the kind of service they provide to people that is why we think this is a great marketing idea.
Perfect for Christmas and holiday promotions, 3D greeting cards are a unique way to show your appreciation towards your customers. See how Jean Paul Gaultier pulled it off.
Collectible cards with your customers’ favorite players printed on them are a great way to promote events and the sports in general. Here’s a great example:
See how this Boulanger Foundation promoted their company with vibrant playing cards.
This MIlo Promotion is indeed a great marketing strategy to kids!
Why offer custom trading cards for my promotions?
They are very cost-effective promotional items that will surely boost your retail sales!
What kind of promotions are the custom trading cards perfect for?
They are amazing as on-pack promotions, sports merchandise, collectible giveaway, loyalty programs, and more!
How to make custom trading cards promotion more effective?
You can partner up with well known licensed characters to entice more customers.