This eco-friendly packaging design is a sure-fire way to gain interest amongst your customers. The innovative design of this wrapping material will not only reduce your carbon footprint, but will also help preserve your products during transportation.
So what are the benefits of this eco-friendly packaging design?
- Protection – By creating space between the wrapped items and outside objects, this honeycomb-style paper helps protect your products from surface abrasion. Therefore, this futuristic design reduces the chance of your items becoming damaged. As a result, you will minimise costs which would otherwise be dedicated to replacing broken products, repeating deliveries and refunding customers.
- Eco Trend – Delight customers by wrapping their products in eco-friendly packaging. Not only will you gain recognition by companies with a sustainable focus, but you may also receive support from environmental groups. Additionally, this compostable paper packaging is biodegradable. As a result, your customers can dispose of the material easily in their own garden, or put it in for recycling.
- Structure – An unexpected benefit of this eye-catching design is that the honeycomb-like protrusions interlock with each other. The custom packaging design creates a grippy texture that makes it difficult for the paper to come undone. As a result, less tape is needed to secure the material onto your product. This will save you time and money instead of struggling to fix the packaging onto the product with adhesives.
- Surprise factor – Take out some of the monotony of removing tons of layers of plastic packaging by surprising your customers with this eco-friendly packaging design. This unique style of this paper will keep them entertained whilst they are unwrapping their desired items.
Room For Improvement
- Attaching labels – When the paper is in its honeycomb pattern, you cannot easily attach anything onto it. This makes it difficult to label. You could consider slipping each wrapped product into a plastic sleeve to create an appropriate surface for a label. However, this does seem counter-intuitive since you are trying to reduce the use of excess harmful resources.
- Cushioning – This eco-friendly packaging does provide protection against abrasion. However, this paper is not padded in the slightest. Therefore, unless you use an additional cushioning material, it is likely your products would become damaged in the event of a forceful impact. You could use green products such as corn starch packaging as well as this indented paper to provide some extra protection to your products.
- Ripping – This packaging material is made of paper meaning it does have the potential to rip. As a result, some exposed areas of your products may be vulnerable to damage.
- Application – Unless you invest in one of the various machines on the market which spread out the honeycomb pattern, it is actually quite difficult to wrap items effectively because the protrusions will stay flat unless you force them open.
This is a step in the right direction for replacing harmful plastics with more sustainable materials. Additionally, this material would be a great idea for wrapping up green promotional products. However, this idea still needs a little work. The concept of using paper lattice structures to create padding is ingenious, but the strength and cushioning of the product is not yet on par with bubble wrap. We will be closely watching the development of this paper on its journey to becoming the wrapping essential of the future!
Check out these similar blogs!
Bamboo is an excellent packaging material! Not only is bamboo sturdy, but it is also heat resistant. To find out how this versatile plant can protect your products, check this out!
The original Spanish brandy producer Fundador is using eco-friendly custom cardboard packaging to promote its products. To find out how this green marketing idea is impressing customers, check this out!
Why has nobody thought of this before? Someone came up with the ingenious idea of turning sugar cane into eco-friendly packaging. To discover the range of benefits cornstarch biodegradable products deliver, check this out!
Sanitary Care Products Asia (SCPA) is using an eco-friendly branded packaging design to target environmentally conscientious consumers. The find out how this tactic could boost your next promotion, check this out!