Jacob’s Creek has a special offer for their customers: buy a bottle of red wine and get 2 packs of Lindt chocolate for free! Through its custom printed bottle necker, Jacob’s Creek managed to convey their promotional message right at the point of sale.
There is only one word to describe this promotion: clever! Bottle neckers are a great way to make a statement at the point of sale. They are very easy to implement, encourage impulse buys at the point of sale, and set the brand apart from the others. With that said, let us take a look at how Jacob’s Creek used this unique delivery mechanism for promotional products.
Why this Custom Printed Bottle Necker Works?
1.Simple Yet Effective– This piece of card hanging on the bottleneck can be an efficient and fast way to promote products. Moreover, the bottle neckers helped make their products distinguishable.
2. Sends Clear Message– Bottle neckers are an inexpensive way to make your products pop out from the shelf. They used bold, warm colors, and elegant colors to show that Jacob’s Creek is a high-end fine wine. Most importantly, it effectively conveyed the message that customers are getting free chocolates when they buy a bottle of their red wine.
3. Unique Branding- There are many ways to utilize a custom bottle necker to make wine promotions a success. They offer marketers a lot of room to customize and be creative with their promotions. Take a look at this example:
4. Design Appeal- Jacob’s Creek’s bottle necker is a simple, yet appealing and functional. The bottle necker was also used as a packaging for Lindt’s chocolate, which is really clever. Furthermore, the red and black bottle necker creates a stunning contrast against the bottle’s white label.
5. Informative– The custom printed bottle necker also shows the nutritional content of the chocolates. Doing this helps customers make wise buying decisions.
6. Differentiates Jacob’s Creek from Competition- As you can see there are so many wine bottles on the rack and it can be hard to tell which one you are looking for. Luckily, Jacob’s Creek has used a bottle necker to set their product apart. It draws the attention of customers to the bottles and encourages them to make the purchase right away.
What Did We Learn From Jacob’s Creek?
Jacob’s Creek did a great job promoting 2 products using their bottle neckers. The simplicity of this marketing tool is what makes it an effective marketing tool for wine and liquor marketing. Moreover, custom printed bottle neckers can help you promote your brand for a quarter of the cost of TV ads and costly billboards.
When it comes to wine marketing, you can count on ODM for excellent marketing gifts and POS displays. We can also help with sourcing and designing product packaging and other giveaway products. Contact our team to learn more about how we can help you grow your business through the use of high-quality and effective promotional products.
For more wine marketing inspiration, check these blogs out!
Spice Up your on-shelf marketing with a unique bottle necker! Here are fine examples of customized bottle neckers that deliver:
Belvoir’s bottle neck marketing is encouraging shoppers to “sip and dip” this summer! Find out how they pulled it off:
Find out how Brothers Ciders used their bottle necker to increase brand engagement:
Bottle neckers are not limited to small cardboard tags, but they can also be small gifts that you attach on the neck of the bottle. Check out this cute bottle neck gift by Mud House.
At parties, you want to be able to keep track of your drinks, right? So here’s a cool idea for drink companies:
Here’s a fine example of an effective bottle neck gift for wine promotions: