Eco-friendly businesses are becoming more common today. The value of using organic and sustainable products is greatly increasing as people are now realizing the impact of plastic products on the environment. How can you tell that a product is really good for the environment? What are the standards? There are different types of promotional eco-friendly products that you should know. And we break it down for you.
Why Customers Love Eco-Friendly Products?
People are now willing to pay more just to get what is good for their health and for nature. Many are spending a bit higher just to acquire earth-friendly items. Here are the top reasons why.
Safe and Healthy
Using products with questionable ingredients isn’t safe and healthy for everyone. This is why BPA-free products are becoming in demand. Moreover, single-use plastics are not good for the environment as they do not biodegrade, and even when they do break down, they become microplastics. With the help of social media, consumers’ awareness of the harmful effects of the products they use is significantly growing.
What comes to mind when we say a product is environmentally friendly? It is a bit more expensive but the quality is definitely better. Customers are now after premium merchandise instead of the cheap ones.
Overall Impact on Humanity
Based on the study of CIEL, microplastics that infiltrate the human body by direct exposures through ingestion or inhalation can lead to serious illnesses. It could be inflammation, genotoxicity, oxidative stress, apoptosis, and necrosis. These could possibly lead to more serious health problems like cancer, cardiovascular diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic inflammation, auto-immune conditions, neurodegenerative diseases, and stroke. The same with when a human is exposed to chemicals, it may also lead to chronic diseases. So, plastic and chemical usage are extremely dangerous to humans.
Customers now want products that provide environmental, social, and economic advantages while protecting public health and the environment. With sustainability in mind, everything from the extraction of raw materials up to the final disposal should minimize the negative impact on the environment.
What are the Types of Green Products?
Do you already consider a product eco-friendly when it is in the color green or brown? How do we categorize this green merchandise? So, here are the different types of promotional eco-friendly products that you should look out for.
1.Biodegradable Raw Ingredient/Material Products (Plant-based)
The materials or the ingredients of this type of eco-friendly product are already biodegradable. The materials themselves are not chemicals nor plastics and are safe for humans. Products can also be made from plants. Examples are as follows.
- These pieces of customized cutlery are made from premium wood. This is perfect for homemakers who want to achieve an eco-friendly kitchen set. The product code is ODM – 2432.
- This promotional eco bag is now gaining huge attention from consumers. Made from high-quality processed wood materials, it is indeed durable, spacious, stylish, and versatile. The code is ODM – 2641.
- Made from 100% bamboo and glass materials, this branded eco-friendly tumbler is absolutely wonderful. People love the sleek design and its premium-looking finish. This product’s code is ODM – 2588.
- This custom laptop sleeve is now hot in the market! Made from special leather, this eco-friendly laptop sleeve is a promotional product suitable for people of all ages.
2. Recyclable Packaging Eco-Products
When we say recyclable, a product can be processed and turned into a new product. Certain types of plastics, such as PET, HDPE, and PVC, can be recycled. Other raw materials such as cork and paper pulp can be recycled as well. Check out our examples below:
- This wonderful packaging concept is superb, isn’t it? It is truly eye-catching for customers. Made from cork, this packaging idea looks sturdy. Cork is extremely versatile in that it can be made into different items suitable for wine, cosmetics, and household items. These cork pouches are made specifically for eyewear. Product Code ODM – 3441.
- John Walker’s pulp packaging grabbed many customers’ attention. Its minimalist look makes it very appealing. And because it is made from paper pulp, it is truly eco-friendly.
- Molded paper pulp packaging is now back on-trend. This packaging is suitable for foods and fruits. Item code is ODM – 3524.
- Metal tin packaging is also eco-friendly. This adorable tin packaging is perfect for cosmetics, tea, chocolates, jewelry, or many small items. Then, customers can also use this for gift packaging. The item code is ODM – 3496.
- Biodegradable packaging materials. High-Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) is a thermoplastic polymer made from petroleum. Then, this packaging is inevitably corrosion-resistant, easily recycled, and moldable.
This type of earth-friendly merchandise, after using it for its original purpose can be reused. Example of these products are:
- These branded eco-friendly bags are definitely reusable. Reusable bags can help minimize the harmful effects of plastic bags on the environment. This particular example by Tesco is not only commendable but inspiring as well. They reward customers for bringing their own shopping bags while the proceeds from “Bags for Life” will go to their chosen charity.
- Cosmetics is a million-dollar industry and it no doubt contributes to the ever-growing plastic problems that we have. Investing in sturdy packaging for cosmetic products presents many advantages both for the business owners and the customers.
- Custom Coffee Cup with lid grabbed shoppers’ attention. After using the product, you can reuse the mug as long as you want.
Energy-saving products offer a host of benefits such as less energy consumption and less carbon footprint. Most of these eco products don’t use electricity but solar energies instead.
- LED lights for retail displays aren’t just pretty but will help you save a ton of energy. They will improve the aesthetics of your retail stores and make them inviting enough to entice customers to come in. Interested? Item code is ODM – 2282.
- This eco power bank made from recycled plastic is what your customers need. To widely promote saving the environment, why not roll out eco-friendly products like a power bank with the logo? It certainly triggers the excitement of users and also helps to improve your brand image. Product codes are ODM-3046, ODM-3047, or ODM-3048.
- Electronic products like this mosquito repellant promotional item. These pest control promotional products are energy-saving. As such, they allow customers to save up money and electricity at the same time. The product code is ODM – 3516.
Sustainable Premium Merchandise
From the materials to packaging, these sustainable premium products are extremely useful and versatile. They are recyclable and reusable. Some examples are:
- Bamboo glasses. Custom bamboo products are highly sustainable because bamboo does not require special care and they frow abundantly in tropical climates. One good thing about bamboo, though, it is 100% green and safe to use.
- This eco-friendly merchandise palm plate is currently hot in the market. Customers love its durability and usability. Palm leaf plates, plant-based eco products, are 100% organic and compostable. Item code is ODM – 3263.
- Products made from corks are being loved by many shoppers. This custom phone case firm, waterproof, and durable, and will definitely help your brand stand out. This phone case code is ODM – 2048.
Say NO to Greenwashing
Greenwashing is making the customers believe that it is good for the environment when it is not. Make sure not to practice this. As customers ourselves, we don’t expect a product to solve all our issues but we also don’t want overpromising marketing. So, as you offer different types of eco-friendly products in the market, please be authentic.
As business owners, we bear the responsibility of providing safe and useful products to our customers. We can address the market’s demand and still take care of the environment. It’s about time to place the utmost importance on our environment.
Through technology and innovation, we believe that the retail landscape is changing bit by bit. We are slowly heading towards a more sustainable and safe environment. It may take time, but it is all worth it!
Go green. Create more promotional eco-friendly products for us and our future. Above all, big sales are possible while we are taking care of this planet.
With this, ODM is with you! Since 2003, we have been providing eco-friendly solutions to companies and brands. Together, with our creative team, Mindsparkz, we bring to you design concepts that will make this world a safer place today.
Have you got an awesome idea in mind? What are you waiting for? We are just one click away!
More Eco-Friendly Products
Take your brand to the next level. Customers tend to remain loyal to brands that provide solutions to the existing social and ecological problems.
One of the good benefits of wooden material is that it does not heat up as fast as its metallic counterpart and it is not susceptible to rusting either. If you make it a gift with purchase, your clients can whip up a great meal with this robust utensil.
Are you looking for green promotional products such as bamboo tumblers, compostable paper packaging, and plant-based merchandise? This is how wheat straw is made into excellent merchandise goods.
Boost your green marketing with these solar chargers!
Eco-friendly packaging is what you need now. However, is this paper packaging the best alternative to bubble wraps?