Starbucks in China are really impressing us with their wide range of Cafe Merchandise. Positioned on counter tops, they certainly encourage customers to make impulse purchases and also extends brand recognition (wanna know more about brand recognition? Visit the blog about branded camera belts).
First of all, these personalized promotional marketing gift items are great. By promoting this range of cafe merchandise, Starbucks are getting their brand out in public and used by customers. Their promotional accessories are one of the biggest hits – keychains, bags, cups, straws, custom water bottles … you name it, they’ve got it.
Why we love what Starbucks are doing with Cafe Merchandise:
– Designs are well-thought out: From the cups, branding, down to the packaging, one can see that these products have been produced with thought in mind. The pieces are timeless, practical and trendy. This seems like the best way to visually attract customers to the products.
– Marketing Beyond the Cafe: Starbucks are producing goods that people want. These goods have the Starbucks name and logo on them. Marketing gifts is a great strategy to widen brand exposure. Also, it allows to attract new customers and above all enhance brand remembrance.
– High Quality goods: High-quality materials ensure longevity of their promotional products. Consequently, whilst these products are rather pricey (around 100RMB / US$15 for a mug) Starbucks are building a loyal customer base by investing in quality. See this blog to have other ideas of high-end promotional product.
– Brand Logo is well place: We particularly like these Starbucks products as the branding is subtle and not too distracting from the product itself. Indeed, a cute Frappuccino cup or the well-known Starbucks logo suffices in letting the customer know what brand it is without taking full attention. This is certainly unique but highly effective.
– Triggers Impulse Purchases: These products are cleverly placed near the payment counter. As a result this cafe merchandise is tempting for those ordering their morning coffee. Simple, small goods are a great way to trigger impulse buys and, after all, it’s all about location location location.
Other successful cafe merchandise and marketing campaigns by Starbucks:
- Similarly, plushies drive sales:
- Branded gift with subscription:
- Luggage tags too – they really do think of everything:
- In contrast, check out these products made to enhance the customer in-store experience – Branded mobile charging devices in the Hong Kong cafes:
Could your company benefit from branded merchandise? If you are interested in a custom made items, please do not hesitate to contact us. Here at ODM we can assist you with the sourcing, design and manufacturing you may require.
Other blogs that may also interest you:
– The things you need to know about manufacturing ceramic mugs
– Seems like Costa have got similar marketing ideas – but who does it better – Costa or Starbucks?
– Another great blog for those thinking of starting a Coffee Shop? Look no further