April is Earth Awareness Month, and this is the best time to express your company’s environmental stance. One way to remind the public of your companies’ efforts to minimize your carbon footprints and encourage them to do the same is to use solar promotional products. Green promotional products not only help in raising awareness about current environmental issues but they can also give your brand a competitive advantage.
4 Solar Promotional Gifts for Earth Awareness Month
Due to consumers’ growing concerns about environmental pollution and their contributions to it, they tend to be more inclined towards environmentally friendly companies who share their concerns. They also prefer green alternatives to single use plastic bags such as custom eco-friendly bags.
Thus, to garner environmentally conscious consumers’ loyalty, you should ensure your production processes and products are environmentally friendly. You could also offer green corporate gifts like solar led keychains to show that you are not harming the environment. This is because solar-powered products reduce air pollution. The following are 4 other solar promotional gifts that you can use for your green marketing projects.
4 Solar Promotional Gift Ideas for Earth Awareness Month
1.Solar Charger Packs: Portable chargers take a longer time to charge, thus consuming more electricity. Solar charger packs are a fantastic alternative to portable chargers because they harness the sun’s energy. They can charge phones, USB devices, and tablets. Because there’s an unlimited amount of solar energy, these solar chargers can help consumers to cut back on electricity usage.
It is safe to use because the CE and FCC markings on the product show that they are compliant with international safety standards. With such products, you can now charge all your devices without leaving negative impacts on the environment as it uses green energy!
2. Paper Solar Chargers: Some Portable power banks are heavy and bulky, but this paper solar charger is different. Its lightweight and slim design means it is more convenient to use. You don’t even have to worry about these chargers running out of power as they are solar powered. Plus, they provide great opportunity for creative branding.
3. Solar Fan Caps: Although solar fan caps may not look aesthetically pleasing, you should not rule it out entirely. This is because such caps provide you with some comfort and protection from the scorching sun. It has a built-in fan so customers will stay comfortable all day long. Moreover, the fan will work as long as the sun is shining and at its peak, as it uses solar energy to charge.
4. Solar Torches: These flashlights make an amazing emergency companion because they are solar powered. As such, customers will not have to worry about the battery leaking. Thus, solar torches are ideal for emergency situations as it would not fail on you.
While all the products above will definitely leave a positive impact on the environment, customizing these products will surely make your customers view your brand in a positive light. Here are 4 ways you can do so:
4 ways to Fully Customize Products
- Branding: This is the most crucial part of product design. By not branding your products, you are missing out on the opportunity to enhance your top-of-mind awareness. Additionally, you are also losing your competitive edge, indirectly making your competitors’ products and services seem more attractive. As you’re at risk of a shrinking consumer base when this happens, you should always brand your products with your logo, brand name, and brand visuals.
- Additional Features: You should always find ways to innovate products by adding new features/functions to them. Firstly, you can innovate the solar charger packs by making it attachable to bags or even combine the two and create a custom solar backpack. Secondly, you can innovate the paper solar chargers by making it as small as a credit card. Thirdly, you can also innovate the solar fan to cap to turn it into a Promotional 6-in-1 solar toy. Finally, to innovate on the solar torch, you can make it even more portable by turning it into a Foldable solar torch.
- Meaningful Messages: The purpose of using solar powered products is to reduce our carbon footprints and encourage sustainability. To make your solar promotional products an effective information dissemination tool, you could add meaningful messages like “Don’t turn your back on the environment, not when it needs you the most.” to remind consumers to use eco-friendly products every day.
- Packagings: No matter how innovative and customized your products are, your products will dim in comparison to less innovative products that have custom retail packaging or sustainable ones like custom cardboard packaging. Therefore, the packaging is equally important in promoting your products and brand. A way for you to customize your packaging is by using environmentally friendly materials such as rice husk packaging:
In a Nutshell,
Earth Awareness Month is the perfect time to show the public of your commitment and efforts towards minimizing your carbon footprint. You should also take this time to encourage and remind the public to play their part to conserve the environment too. However, just because you’re using sustainable products, it doesn’t mean that there’s no more room for creativity and innovation. You could customize and innovate your products through the use of meaningful messages or adding more features to it. These factors also help to enhance brand awareness, brand visibility and eventually revenue and profits.
Keen on making your own sustainable marketing gifts or personalized and promotional marketing gift items for your marketing campaigns? Contact ODM now to learn more about how we can help you out. We have a team of product designers with vast experience in designing promotional products for your business. We can also assist you in your product brainstorming process for eco-friendly promotional gadgets and eco-friendly corporate gifts.
Also, if you like the products mentioned above, don’t forget to include these product codes in your inquiry form!
- Solar Charger Packs: 1972
- Paper Solar Chargers: 57
- Solar Fan Cap: 534
- Solar Torches: 1503
Here are 4 relevant blogs to the products mentioned above!
Here are some examples you can attach solar charger packs to your bag:
Find out how NIVEA used a paper-thin solar panel for their summer promotional advertisement!
Here’s another inspiration for a solar powered toy we found during HK Toy Show!
Take a look at how ODM can help you with your green promotional literature!